Fridge Stink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdbass

We finally resolved our cooling unit issue - it's a whole nother story, but we bought a unit from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse as suggested by Ned (http://rvcoolingunit.com/). The owner is a nice guy, does what he says and his units work!
Over the lengthy period that we were without refrigeration, we kept a few things in the fridge overnight. A can of cat food spoiled and now our entire refrigerator smells fishy. I have tried charcoal and Tea Tree Oil to no avail. Anybody know the best way to eradicate the odor?

Coffee grounds? Wash with ammonia? Ammonia is our first choice for getting rid of odors. Unfortunately,  the smell may be in places not accessible by washing.

I cleaned a spare residential unit that was quite bad by cleaning the walls with clorox/water mixture and leaving paper plates of baking soda on each shelf. With the door open of course. I added new baking soda frequently. Think I may have added a plate of ground coffee too--fresh not used.

Mike

Baking soda.. and Vinegar (NOT at the same time they mix violently) are both good..

STEAM works wonders  (It is amazing how many things go away when you hit 'em with 220 degree water)

Not storing cat food in non-working firdge..That is the best opiton.. but too late for that.

Cat food can GO bad??????

A very  thorough scrubbing out with plain old detergent and hot water, getting in all the cracks and crevice, taking out everything which will come out and scrubbing and drying, then repeat if necessary should do the trick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom