Front A/C not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Tried the generator today and wanted to fire up both A/C units to give it a workout.  Rear unit works fine but front does nothing. Won't work to cool or heat.  There is power coming out of the breaker for the unit, so something tells me it is either the thermostat or something stupid in the unit. Any thoughts ?

IS your RV 30 or 50 amp.. On a 30 amp there are multiple breakers.. one is the 20 amp breaker on the Generator.

on a 50.. Are you sure power is coming out of the breaker,  Sure you checked the right breaker,, Ideally the two breakers on the generator.. One to an Air Conditioner.

Finally.. On my RV I had that same issue when it was new.. Turns out the wires were not all that well connected to the breakers,, One of 'em took several turns of ye old screw before I even felt resistance.. Since I re-tightened them they have not worked loose.. and likely will not.

Thanks John,,, 50 amp and I checked the breaker marked front A/C, but not the one marked rear.  Better check that one to make sure they are not mislabeled.  Connections are tight.

Does not run with the rear off.  Don't seem to have any other outlets or circuits dead either.

Tried it again and got a message of "Brown Out" on the energy mgt. readout.  ??????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom