Ft Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World - Orlando FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TCRoadcrew

My wife and I just came back from Orlando.  We stayed for six days at the Fort Wilderness Campground at WDW.  We highly recommend the experience.  We had a premium campsite with full hook ups and a level concrete pad.  We stayed in the 900 ring and had access to an excellent dog walking area right off our site.  The park also has one of the best dog runs we have seen.

Yes, we has a premium site and it is more than most campgrounds, but it was worth it.  We still saved a lot of money over staying in one of the resort hotels and had the same access as everyone else.

Disney has a great transportation system so no toad is needed.  We are going back next year to see all the stuff we missed.

We stayed their last year. Even tho they messed up our site by over booking the premium sites it was still nice. we ended up in a preferred, it was still level just not as big. We couldn't let out our awning

codgerbill said:
Just curious........

How about posting some of the daily/weekly rates? 8)

This web site has most anything you would ever want to know about Fort Wilderness.  A little ways down is a link to 2011 prices.

Very good to hear!  I'm taking my family from 3/18 to 3/26 with the first stay at Fort. Wilderness and then on to the inlaws in Okeechobee.  Should be an interesting trip (coming from Central Illinois with three kids and a dog) but fun nonetheless.  Sort of a nice kickoff to the 2011 camping season!

Here's hoping it's not a "Griswold Family Vacation" like it's been billed among my non-rving friends.  I guess if Disney World is "closed" when we get there it could get ugly! :mad:

Those prices do not include tax nor do they include the $5/day charge for a dog. Ft Wilderness ain't cheap but this time of year it's out of sight.

I didn't understand the 5.00 charge for the dogs. I paid it but the man couldn't tell me what it was for. I picked up their crap they didn't. They had a little hay ride one night and the two horses left me a good pile right in front of the spot I was in and they didn't pick it up. They have to empty the trash and don't charge any extra for it

Just curious...does anyone know if Disneyland in LA has a campground like this?  We've been there dozens of times but I don't remember ever seeing any kind of camping near by and just wondered if maybe some of you found somewhere close.  Thanks

Re campground in California for DL..
The answer to your question is NO they don't.

There are a number of nearby campgrounds, if you look them up...I have been in touch with one; sorry cannot remember the name, but it is about a mile from DL. There is a city shuttle that will transport to DL and California Adventure.

Also I am learning that some campgrounds in California have limits as to the number of dogs and some are beed restrictive. So, phone ahead.

BernerGran

TCRoadcrew said:
My wife and I just came back from Orlando.  We stayed for six days at the Fort Wilderness Campground at WDW.  We highly recommend the experience.  We had a premium campsite with full hook ups and a level concrete pad.  We stayed in the 900 ring and had access to an excellent dog walking area right off our site.  The park also has one of the best dog runs we have seen.

Yes, we has a premium site and it is more than most campgrounds, but it was worth it.  We still saved a lot of money over staying in one of the resort hotels and had the same access as everyone else.

Disney has a great transportation system so no toad is needed.  We are going back next year to see all the stuff we missed.

Tom,
I am taking the crew down next month and will stay in the same premium area.  Any specific suggestions?  How close is the transportation to the parks?

Thanks

TimeToGetGoing said:
Tom,
I am taking the crew down next month and will stay in the same premium area.  Any specific suggestions?  How close is the transportation to the parks?

Thanks

There's a bus stop not too far from the head of each loop.  If you take the bus to the Settlement, you can catch a boat to the Magic Kingdom.  If you take it to the Outpost, you can catch a bus to any of the Disney parks.

We will be in WDFW in 2 weeks. This will be our third visit in the last 6 months. Love it there. So much to do and never have to leave the campground. Have seen herds of deer every time feeding on the trail. Loved it at our Christmas visit with all the glitz! Don't need a vehicle, bus transport is everywhere and supper convenient. Yes, pricy, but worth every penny. Must try it at least once.

We are checking in at Camp Wilderness on April 2 for two weeks so I am VERY happy to hear all the comments. Thank you!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom