fuel tank switching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dog_soldier

on our 84 coachmen ,the guy that had it before we bought it really messed up the wiring. he took out the switch to go from the front tank to the back. now there are times when it seems to run out of gas. what i want to know is there a special switch needed to put it back like it was or would any 3 way switch work. i do know that there is a fuel pump on both tanks.

P.S... i would ask the guy that had it before but he passed away a couple years ago.

Most fuel tank switches are double pole/double throw(DPDT), one side switches the solenoid valve and the other side switches the gauge.

UPDATE

it finally stopped raining and i had a couple hours till i had to get ready for work. so i got under the motor home and looked around and here is what i found:
the front tank is ran off the fuel pump on the motor and the rear tank is ran from a electric pump. the fuel solenoid has been bypassed.i found a wiring harness by the fuel solenoid but im not sure yet if its going to it or from it. im off tomorrow so ill have lots more time to mess with it more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom