Full Time Step 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry and Rita

OK We have

Step 1, Put sticks and bricks up for sale;

Step 2, Bought a small car to tow

Step 3, Now we need to get a Tow Dolly and have the new car wired for towing.

Where do I go that I can get the work and Dolly for less than a kings ransom ?

I thought about U-Haul or Camping World, unless someone on this forum has a better answer.

Any trailer shop can do it.  Find a mom & pop shop with a good reputation.  Keep your money in your own community.  :)

I originally used wireless magnetic lights then went to wired lights on my toad. I had my RV dealer do the car with a diode kit, they did not punch into the car's electrical system, a couple hundred bucks at shop labor rate, and I trusted their experience. Trailer shops, as noted, are another good source.

Frizlefrak said:
Any trailer shop can do it.  Find a mom & pop shop with a good reputation.  Keep your money in your own community.  :)
Gotta agree, I prefer to use small local shops for stuff like this.

There is always tow dollys for sale on Craig's list. I have seen a lot of them for around 4-500.00 some with brakes.

Steve

Gary
We bought a 2013 KIA Sole, mainly because of the weight factor, my '99 PaceArrow showes a 3,500 GVTW.
Naturly the dealer said no to the 4-down tow, so we are looking to get a Dolly, most of the advise I have gotten said that the brakes and stop light on the dolly would meet all the requirements but I feel that the car or Magnetic lights would add to the safety factor.

Larry and Rita said:
Gary
We bought a 2013 KIA Sole, mainly because of the weight factor, my '99 PaceArrow showes a 3,500 GVTW.
Naturly the dealer said no to the 4-down tow, so we are looking to get a Dolly, most of the advise I have gotten said that the brakes and stop light on the dolly would meet all the requirements but I feel that the car or Magnetic lights would add to the safety factor.

Yes it will. 

Just dont do like one I saw last trip out.  Pulled up behind a Class C MH with an SUV as a toad.  The Toad had magnetic lights on the back of the roof.  Then a bicycle rack on the back of it with the bicycles riding high enough as to block the rear lights. 

Wish I had taken a picture of this to post as to "What not to do".

Back
Top Bottom