full time with dinette bed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rv 4 life

does anyone here full time and has kids that sleep on the dinette bed. if so do you put it up and down every night and morning?

I guess that if I had kids sleeping in the dinette bed, then I'd put the bed up and take it down every day. After all, the dinette is your table. I'd for sure invest in one of those "bed in a bag" things where you don't have to make up the bed every day....roll it up in the morning, roll it out at night.

But one of the things I absolutely had to have when we were first motorhome shopping was a "real" bed that I didn't have to make up and take down every day.

Wendy

RV 4 Life,
You have piqued my curiosity - you mentioned owning a campground, owning a store and now fulltiming in an RV with children.  It certainly seems like a varied lifestyle - could you perhaps tell us more about yourself so we can better answer these lifestyle questions?  How old are the kids and how many? Are you & your family living in an RV in your campground or traveling? Is the store in the campground or elsewhere? And is this something you are now doing or thinking about for the future?

Gary   Your better get the pliers out and start pulling cause the answers sure aren't very explanatory.  Eye  teeth come to mind.  Every post has been the same way. JMO

once again i will tell you i ask these questions for other pepole but we do fulltime rv.

How old are the kids? boys or girls? It would make a difference in how and where they would sleep.

Hey ,

Have you tought about remodling if you can't afford a new RV. I love doing projects myself and with two small kids it must be crowded for you. Maybe you could make bunk beds where the couch is making enough head  room on the bottom bunk to be able to still sit and use it as a couch.

Kids love bunk beds and maybe you could even put a rod up and a curtain so they can pull it closed at night.

For me, I wouldn't put the bed as you have it up and down every day because then you can make the kids feel like their sleeping area is in the way

Don't worry about asking questions- people ask alot of questions because they need to understand and visualize the siuation first in order to answer better for you. I think RV Roamer was trying to do that. He has been so helpful ...you will se. Also on the computer you need to really explain so people understant, at times it is hard to get them to visualize it without a real good explaination.So keep on asking and you'll get some good solutions.

RV 4 Life- I once asked about a refigerater problem. My first question- I had someone who kept explaining to me how to drill a hole in the side, bla, bla and talking about freezing beer. Well, I am blonde but I don't drink and the hole didn't work! HA HA .  Don't sweat it. Sometimes you will get suggestions like, just buy a new or bigger RV...yea when I win the lotto i'll do that! But at this time I am working and supporting myself . I'm almost sure you wouldn't be using the dining area if you could afford a bigger RV...and you wouldn't be asking the question if you could do that......I could be wrong here, but home is where the heart is.

rv 4 life said:
does anyone here full time and has kids that sleep on the dinette bed. if so do you put it up and down every night and morning?

I just stumbled on this old thread but thought I'd add my two cents in case anyone else ever wants to try this.

Unless you absolutely need the bed space, I'd avoid using the dinette. We've rented two class A rigs for our family of six and the dinette has in both cases been the least popular spot for sleeping. It's smaller and less comfortable than the sofa, is more work to setup and tear down, and is more of a problem for early risers who wake up and find someone sleeping where they want to eat breakfast or sit and have coffee. The second time out we rented a "bunkhouse" model that slept 8 with bunk beds in the rear across from the bathroom. That is what I would get if I were fulltiming with a family of six in a class A.

Another factor for both rigs is that the collapsible dinettes didn't seem particularly durable, and every time we setup or tore down the bed it seemed to add a lot of wear and tear on the unit. I don't know how long it would hold up without needing regular repair if you were fulltiming. The sofas on both rigs, on the other hand, seemed as sturdy the futon we have as an extra bed in our basement at home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom