Full timing in a Bounder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve C

We are this close to going full time in a Class A. We are looking at a 2006 Bounder 36Z. We love the interior layout and it has that 'at home' feel to both of us. Wife likes the idea of the washer/dryer in the bedroom. It has the Chevy power plant (although I'd prefer the Ford V-12). And it has room for her quilting hobby.

I wonder if anyone would mind sharing opinions/experience living in a Bounder full time? Chevy vs. Ford? Suggestions?

Thanks.

We don't have one but knew some folks who had a 2006 Bounder.  We met them while we were workamping in NM.  He was a previous RV sales/service owner and retired into a Bounder.  They really seemed to enjoy it for full time living!  I am not sure what the chassis frame was.

I love my Ford V-10, but I would not hesitate to get the Chevrolet.  Floorplan and condition of the m/h (and drivetrain) would decide the issue for me.

We have a V-10, but had the Chevy in our last MH, and found it to be very good. I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor if I was shopping. They seem to both do really well if maintained properly. Although our Bounder is several years older than the one you are considering, we love ours.

It will be a great adventure. You may find it does everything you want or you may find that what you thought you wanted is different once you're there. The best part is get out and do it. Every day on the road is one less day stuck at home looking out the same old windows at the same old things. When the scenery gets old in the MH, just drive on down the road until new scenery appears. It's a wonderful life and you only get one chance to enjoy it.

Ken

Thanks for the relpies. This is such a great bunch. Hope to meet some of you "on the road". Will know tomorrow if we pick up the Bounder or stick with the 21 foot mh. Either way, I'm ready to hit the road. Word around the family is "Don't look for Grampa in Flagstaff".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom