FURNACE WONT RESTART, HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KANDJCITATION

HELLO

I JUST PURCHASED A 2004 NU WA CHAMPANGE, WE HAD THE FURNACE RUNNING OVERNIGHT AND IT WAS WORKING WELL BUT WE RAN OUT OF PROPANE AND I CANNOT GET IT TO FIRE AGAIN AFTER CHANGING THE TANKS. THE STOVE WORKS SO I KNOW I HAVE PROPANE GETTING TO THE SYSTEMS.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYONES HELP.

If you ran out of propane then the lines are empty and they will need to be bled. Start every propane device you have for a minute or two until each one starts. Then keep trying to restart the furnace. And don't ever let your propane tank go dry again.

Are you batteries fully charged?  Low batteries will cause furnace problems.  If the batteries are charged and it is going through the startup sequence then give it several more attempts to insure gas has time to reach the furnace.

seilerbird said:
If you ran out of propane then the lines are empty and they will need to be bled. Start every propane device you have for a minute or two until each one starts. Then keep trying to restart the furnace. And don't ever let your propane tank go dry again.

I HAD THE STOVE TOP RUNNING FOR AWHILE AND THE FRIDGE

Ron said:
Are you batteries fully charged?  Low batteries will cause furnace problems.  If the batteries are charged and it is going through the startup sequence then give it several more attempts to insure gas has time to reach the furnace.

I DONT THINK IT IS GOING THRU THE START UP, I THINK I JUST HEAR A SINGLE CLICK BUT THATS IT AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, I HAVE THE RV PLUGGED IN TO A 110 LINE AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE BATTERIES ARE FULLEY CHARGED BUT IM GOING TO CHECK THAT RIGHT NOW, THANKS

KANDJCITATION said:
I DONT THINK IT IS GOING THRU THE START UP, I THINK I JUST HEAR A SINGLE CLICK BUT THATS IT AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, I HAVE THE RV PLUGGED IN TO A 110 LINE AND AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE BATTERIES ARE FULLEY CHARGED BUT IM GOING TO CHECK THAT RIGHT NOW, THANKS

WELL THE BATTERIES SHOW A FULL CHARGE AND WHEN I UNPLUG THE 110 LINE THE LIGHT ARE AS BRIGHT AS CAN BE

We have a Furnace Troubleshooting document in the Forum Library, here:
http://www.rvforum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=333&Itemid=41

I wrote it, so I know it's a good one!  ;) ;) ;)

RV Roamer said:
We have a Furnace Troubleshooting document in the Forum Library, here:
http://www.rvforum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=333&Itemid=41

I wrote it, so I know it's a good one!   ;) ;) ;)

Gary:

I have one to add to your very good furnace trouble shooting guide....it baffled 2 shops and 3 highly skilled rv owners drinking beer........... ;D

I was having a problem with my furnace shutting off and the fan still running and eventually blowing cold air.  The thermostat was isolated by twisting the wires together, all voltages checked, limit switch was jumped out and the intake and exhaust cleaned thoroughly + all ducting was checked to maximize air flow (no crimps).  No success.  The unit was pulled and taken to a shop.  The unit ran fine for over an hour.  Took the unit home and it bench tested in the garage and it ran just fine.  The unit was installed and it ran fine in the coach.  We couldnt figure out what we fixed.  Then the unit started acting up again.  The only thing we could think of is that my manual gauge on my propane tank may not be reading correctly so I went and filled the tank (I showed 1/4 of a tank on a 43 gallon tank).  While bending over to shut the propane tank valve off I brushed against the high pressure hose going to the regulator and I head a psssssst....and smelled propane.  The high pressure hose was aging and leaking around the crimp.  We are guessing that at certain vibrations and pressure demands, the hose would leak and not allow the proper amount of pressure into the furnace to keep the thing running.  I would like to contribute this statement to your file.  Check the hoses for leaks and loss of pressure.

dave

Good one, Dave, and thanks for relating it.  As for the furnace trouble shooting guide, I decided to draw the line at diagnosis of the propane system.  I had some notion that some day one of us would write a "Propane System Troubleshooting Guide", but it hasn't happened yet.

Volunteers???

i would like to thank everyone for there help!!

I GOT IT FIXED! it was the thermostat, i noticed the switch for cool/heat was a bit sticky so i pulled the cover and moved the switch and noticed the silver switch cover was sliding ever so slightly back and forth as i moved the switch. so i decided to just order a new thermostat and replace it, i did so and everything fired right up.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INPUT!

NOW FOR THE NEXT POST, ADDING A GENERATOR!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom