Furnance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leew

Can you run your furnace in your 5thwheel while driving?
Yes;  No;  NEVER happen;  possible; 

Thanks!

Curious, why would you want to run the furnace in an empty trailer going down the road? It doesn't exactly sip propane.

Can you?  Yes. Should you????????? Unless you want it to be warm when you arrive to the place you are going, you will be using a lot of LP.

We are planning on leaving for Yuma in early Jan from Iowa to Yuma.  My wife and I both collect plants.  I collect tropical Staghorn Ferns and cannot rely on a house minder to water them properly besides, they thrive in Yuma winter conditions. 

I only plan on keeping the TT furnace on until we get south of Kansas or so.  Once south of there the TT should be enough protection unless this winter is more severe than the past 2 or 3.

Yep, you can do it.....just remember they use a lot of propane.  And you're already doing the most important thing....driving south.  :)

Tom Hoffman said:
We are planning on leaving for Yuma in early Jan from Iowa to Yuma.  My wife and I both collect plants.  I collect tropical Staghorn Ferns and cannot rely on a house minder to water them properly besides, they thrive in Yuma winter conditions. 

No room in the tow vehicle until you are far enough south to move them to the trailer? Perhaps swap out whatever you don't really need with you in tow vehicle and put it/them in the trailer to make room for the ferns in the tv?

If I put them in a sealed tote and box them up while in the house, they could go in the TV it is a Crew Cab. That had been my original thought, but one tote for me and 3 for the wife's the TV back seat will be packed to the ceiling.  It's doable, just tight.  The TT just has more room and the furnace will have to run for just one day.  A tank or two of Propane.  Not that big a deal.  Plus when we stop, we can shut down the TV during the stop and all will be OK in the trailer.  We need to get south of Wichita KS or possibly even further south, maybe Dalhart TX.  It can still be chilly out on those plains that time of year.

Tom...

leew said:
Thank you!

We will be leaving from the northern most part of NY/VT and heading southwest.  Wondering about running the furnace so when we stop overnight on our trip (til we get someplace warm) so the FW isn't so cold when we get in it.

It will heat up fast enough.
If you want, stop 5 minutes before your destination and turn on the heater, same difference as running it all the way....

byrogie said:
It will heat up fast enough.
If you want, stop 5 minutes before your destination and turn on the heater, same difference as running it all the way....

First: duh, never thought of that part.
Second; running it low would help keep the pipes from freezing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom