Gabby's third litter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom,

How times have changed. We had a Schnoodle(sp?) before they became a Designer Breed. She cost zip! Crawled up in Pat's lap and that was the end of the story.

Sure love our cat as we don't have to walk her in bad weather. :)

... and then there were two.

Earlier this week I took all five pups to the vet for their exam and certifications, and they also had their shots.

Two pups went to their new homes on Thursday, and their new owners already have numerous photos on Facebook. One pup is on a plane to AZ today. The remaining two go to their new homes later next week; One will be the "guest greeter" at a B&B, and the only girl goes to a guardian home to breed and continue Gabby's line.

I'm going to miss being greeted every morning by 5 wagging tails, 5 'sorry dog' looks, and a chorus. I'd made a set of steps for them to transition between their sleeping area and their sandbox. Every morning, several of the pups would sit on the top step so they could get a better view of me walking into the room to let them out and greet them. They play around the house during the day, crawling under the sofa to take long naps between hard play.

The photo was taken a couple of weeks ago; They've all grown significantly since then.

Attachments

• Good_morning_puppies3.jpg
    Good_morning_puppies3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 43
  • Good_morning_puppies4.jpg
    Good_morning_puppies4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 36
Anyone have a pair of shoes to spare?

My old/used boat shoes find a home on the rear deck, in the garage, and by the front door. We don't wear shoes in the house, and these old shoes are an easy-on when I go outside. But consecutive litters of puppies have discovered them. I threw one pair of shoes out after the last litter, and it looks like another pair is destined for the landfill after the latest litter.

Attachments

• Shoe.jpg
    Shoe.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 37
Raising puppies and watching them leave home is almost like watching your kids grow up and move out, but much faster. :'(

Aye Tom, we've thought/discussed that multiple times.

Robin, the breeder will gladly sell you one  ;D  her web site: www.darbyparkdoodles.com . Gabby and her litter are featured on this page: www.darbyparkdoodles.com/available.php

The breeder kindly shared this nice email received from the new owner of one of the pups that left on Thursday.

Toby has been a dream puppy so far. He didn't complain at all during our 3 hour drive home ....

Please thank Chris for the wonderful job she did socializing and preparing Toby for life away from Gabby and his litter mates.  We can tell he will be a wonderful addition to our family.

From the Facebook page of the new owner of the other pup that left on Thursday. We're so glad to see these pups go to wonderful new homes.

Attachments

• Kuper.jpg
    Kuper.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Kuper2.jpg
    Kuper2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 27
Chris just received an email with a photo of the third pup with his new owner who was staying overnight in the Bay area before flying to AZ. We thought we were seeing things, because the guy could be the twin of our youngest son (in his early 40's).

And then there were none...

I just delivered the last two puppies to the breeder, along with the whelping pens, and doggie run rails and other puppy stuff. Tough to see them go, especially since we'd got even closer to these two after the the other three left.

When I walked in the door, I couldn't figure out why all our furniture was either in the hallway or on the deck. Chris has the carpet cleaners scheduled for this afternoon (she was able to get someone's canceled appointment).

Now we can get back to boating and RVing!

Stop the presses!

I'd let the breeder know that reasons for us not wanting to be a guardian home for another dog in the program included the time constraints of dealing with 3 litters, and that I think having 3 litters is hard on the Mommy. Last evening we received a message saying that the breeder would change her rules to 1 litter if we were prepared to take Zoey, the only girl in Gabby's third litter; We were a known entity to her, and she preferred going that route than working with new, unknown guardians.

It didn't take Chris long to hop in the car and go pick up Zoey from the breeder's home. This is already turning out to be quite interesting. Gabby and Zoey are playing together like siblings, not mother and daughter. They also steal each other's food and toys.

Our daughter can't believe we signed up to be a guardian home again, and she might even think we've both lost it  :(

Do you get to keep Zoey after one litter ? And does she get to retire from having puppies after that one litter ? I'd hate for the breeder to take Zoey from you after one litter and take her somewhere else to continue her breeding duties.

Wendy

That's the plan Wendy, but I haven't yet read or signed the new contract.

Meanwhile, time for me to buy new boat shoes and retire another pair for chewing.

Maybe you should go to the local thrift store and buy some cheap, used shoes for the hairy kids ? They need their toys, ya know.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom