Gas... dinopay worth it at Sinclair stations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

Looking at these gas prices, yes, we know.. gas is gas, you have to have. However, there is no reason why we can't save some $ to buy more gas!

Anyone use Dinopay app? With app you can save 10 cents, with their advantage card ,20 cents a gallon.

Thoughts, ideas, experiences.. thanks!

There are several Sinclair stations near where we are, and they are the lowest price gas in the area. Add the 10 cents a gallon discount and we're in.
And if, for some reason, the link fails, and I don't get the discount, I email Sinclair my receipt, and they send me the discount. What's not to love? A free 3 bucks (give or take dime) when I fill the RV.
What's not to love?

Several regional fuel/convenience stores have discount or loyalty programs. So does Walmart via their Walmart+ subscription. The cents/gallon discounts are real, but sometimes the discounted price is no better than might be available at another nearby fuel stop. Stay aware of pricing in your area and don't assume the discount is always the best deal.

I use Gas Buddy but I assume they're all similar. You have to use their card which is basically a debit card, so they're giving you a "cash" price versus using credit.
At stations that advertise a cash price, the Gas Buddy discount usually lines up.

I'm weary of linking ACH information to an app. Other than Open Roads, I'll only sign up for discount store fuel rewards programs which don't require entering payment information.

With a 5% cash back on gas purchases for some credit cards right now, it gets you same or better than cash price offered by most stations or whatever their "app pay" discount is, plus the convenience of a card payment, and with better fraud protections.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom