Gas MH Engines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks all. My DW was amazed at all the storage after the 25' Flair. It will be nice to get the folding chairs out of the shower and in to an outside compartment.  ;D. Looking foreward to making it our own.

Dennis,congrats on the new ride,after driving it,if you don't like the way it performs,get a tunner from 5 star tunners,it makes a world of diff on that engine,enjoy ,it looks great

Great choice! I have the 2001 33R and love it. Great value right now. I paid more for my wife's Ford Edge than my 18,000 mile Bounder.  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 35
I have had both Ford V10 and Workhorse W-24 what set them apart was the 6 speed Allison Transmission. Won't leave home without one.

Many happ trials with your new unit. I like those Bounders. Folks I've talked to really like their Bounders. My next MH? A Bounder.

The more recent Ford motorhome chassis has a 5 speed tranny, but the Allison 6 speeds are probably better. Certainly the heavy duty Allison 2100 in the W24 is a more capable unit.

We have owned DP and 99, 04, 06, and now a 12 ford chassis.  Have had no problems with any of them all have had power to handle our needs and no problems.  What I would look for is a great floorplan and not worry what chassis it is on whether it be Workhorse or Ford.  Either should serve you will.  Good luck with your search.

Water Dog said:
Okay everyone....newsflash.....We went looking AGAIN yesterday and the process that I thought would take me another couple of months came to an end when we made a great deal on a 2000 32H Bounder in really nice condition. Only negative is that the tires are 6 years old, but we were able to discount it even lower to replace those. So when we bring it home, the first trip will be to the tire store. Here's a pic. Thanks again for all the input.

Wow that looks very much like my 2002 allegro.  I love all the space in the compartments.  It's so much fun to pack your closet instead of your suitcase.  And having my own bed-shower-kitchen at every rest stop or picnic area is really neat.

I'll never forget one of my first trips in it.  My wife wanted to get some shoes and shop at a mall on our way to a campground.  I parked at the edge of the lot and her and my son go in.  I normally sit in the car for this because I hate shopping for clothes.  This time I sat happy in the parking lot with my whole house around me.  I made coffee and read while watching the world go by.  Very enjoyable way to wait.  The more you use it the more you find neat ways to make it yours.  I am getting the inmotion sat dish for it so I can have tv for the people in back as we drive.  I also am adding solar panels to the top so I can stop sucking precious fuel from my tanks during the day.

Anyway slightly off topic but enjoy your new ride.  Where is your first trip going to be?

W

Back
Top Bottom