GasBuddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does it matter if an app is mining "personal" data when you may already be giving that to many other apps, services, providers, or even your bank?
Yes, it does. I was required to give my SSN to my bank, if I want banking services, but I sure won't give it to just any app at all. I have knowingly supplied certain personal information to certain places, including the IRS, that I don't want generally known. Often that info is provided as a legal requirement or in order to make use of a service, but with the expectation that the bank/IRS/doctor/whatever keep that confidential.

It's definitely NOT THE SAME as having your info harvested just because you're online or using an app. It's an apples-and-mountains thing (more different than even apples-and-oranges).

It's definitely NOT THE SAME as having your info harvested just because you're online or using an app. It's an apples-and-mountains thing (more different than even apples-and-oranges).

And I acknowledged that. I'm also not talking about SSN or even PI. I'm talking about transactional data and the data merchants collect about you wherever you use a credit card, including where your actual banking data, and even your money, is stolen because you've used the card at a compromised terminal.

Point is....many things collect your data. Not just Gasbuddy. If Gasbuddy is concerning, then I think people should review every TOS for every app on their phone, and if the concern is applied equally, then you probably will have to delete all the apps on your phone.

On the Sinclair app, I guess I didn't think about where they weren't! I know in the areas I tend to be, there is usually one around. Use at your own risk, I guess!

I know this appears to be a change of topic but it's not.
Anti-Vaxer lie is that there are injecting "Tracking Chips" (nope. they are not)

These idiots are worried about Tracking chips
They post using their phones
They use Credit/Debit cards
They drive modern cars with ON Star or On Guard
They have no clue as to how many "Tracking Chips" they have on them.

I don't worry about location tracking... No point in it. (In fact I can give you a PUBLIC URL that has a rather good idea of where to find me)

Now financial tracking (the debit/credit cards) And Web browser Tracking... Well kind of depends on the sites you track. (if it belongs in the .xxx domain (non existent far as I know domain but I suspect most of you know what I'm talking about) I'm not browsing there) Many however have gotten caught there.

Ad tracking I googled "Binder clips" for a post so I could insert a link and suddenly I get ads from all sorts of office supply places... Since I ignore ads. no problem.

(Binder clips are used to re-seal the bag after you pour yourself a bowl of Breakfast) just roll it up and binder clip it. )

(Binder clips are used to re-seal the bag after you pour yourself a bowl of Breakfast) just roll it up and binder clip it. )

Cereal bags we just roll back down into the box, but for bags of chips etc. we use the spring-assisted clothespins. They are dirt cheap, last forever, and nobody ever actually hangs their clothes out to dry with them anymore! ;)

So back to Gas Buddy… I still endorse it.

Cereal bags we just roll back down into the box, but for bags of chips etc. we use the spring-assisted clothespins. They are dirt cheap, last forever, and nobody ever actually hangs their clothes out to dry with them anymore! ;)

So back to Gas Buddy… I still endorse it.
Nope work way better, got my first ones in Quartzite: Bag Closer and I still use Gas Buddy to find the least expensive fuel.

I use Gas Buddy to find the least expensive gas but I will not give Anyone my bank account information. With a credit card you are protected from fraud and the bogus charges are usually removed when you report the problem. A Bank can take up to 60 days to return your money if your account is compromised. You have no way of knowing how well GAS BUDDY protects your account information

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom