genius idea for carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobinsBill

Fleece!  It stays put, unlike rugs that move every darn time you walk over them.  You can add color.  Have several different ones.  When it gets full of sand, take it out and shake it.  Dirty? Throw it in the wash.  It drys in an instant, unlike rugs.  If you like the cozy homey warm feeling of carpet, but it's not looking so great anymore, just get several yards of fleece. I don't attach it with anything, it just stays put  :D  When we pull the slide in, just fold it over.
I discovered this quite by accident when we were having some work done and the mechanics were in and out with their boots.  I threw down an old fleece throw that I had handy and at the end of the day I looked down at it and said "that thing hasn't moved all day".  And the light went on!  I headed to the fabric store...  No more worrying about the carpet!
I hope the photo comes out, this is the first time I've posted one  ???

Attachments

• rvcarpet.jpg
    rvcarpet.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 412
That's fleece in the picture? Who knew? Where did you get it? I don't think I'vr ever seen it anywhere like that.

BruceinFL said:
That's fleece in the picture? Who knew? Where did you get it? I don't think I'vr ever seen it anywhere like that.

Yes, that is a wide piece of fleece in the photo.  I just tuck the edge under the couch.  It also added color to this dull mostly off white interior.  I will say you have to search a few fabric stores to find something that is appropriate  ;)  There are lots of camo and disney fleece  ;)

very cool idea!! Been looking at MHs & TTs have found a few floor plans I really like but many have light carpets which is a big turn off having 2 large dogs. You found a cheap way to not only protect the carpet but add color to your living area, plus to be able to just throw it in the wash is such a time saver compared to steam cleaning carpets. I spent a whole day doing nothing but cleaning the cream carpet in our park model and within weeks it was dirty again. Thanks for sharing your great idea ;D

I don't know if it would work for the dash...  Our dash is vinyl.  Fleece does not fray, so no need to do anything with edges.  But I notice that after a number of washes ours is starting to want to curl.  I've been meaning to take some of my embroidery thread and just do a blanket stitch at the edge where it goes to the kitchen tile floor.  Pinterest shows a bunch of easy ways to finish fleece edge if you were so inclined.  It's very soft and cozy on the feet too!

Thanks Robin.  I"ll discuss this with my better half and see if she would like to try fleece.  Maybe if she surged the edges it would give it firmness on the edge and hold better.

Back
Top Bottom