Geo Pro, EPro: service and maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joana

I'm looking at a Geo Pro G19FD or Epro E19FD as a first travel trailer experience. What kinds of maintenance issues have you owners of these travel trailers experienced? When on the road, is it challenging to find a dealer to service it should the need arise? I've been told by a local dealer to buy from a local dealer because service will be better. Do you find that to be true?

For routine maintenance, especially warranty work, many dealers will help you out, but you will be the lowest priority he has. They will get to you when there is no other work to do.  Others will simply say NO!  The dealer you buy from should provide better service.  Locally owned dealers are generally better than large corporate dealers.

When traveling, if major issues come up, dealers are more likely to help.

You should plan on fixing things yourself. Even my selling dealer takes 6 or 8 weeks to get me on the schedule and then they know little about how to actually fix things so when you pick it up it still needs fixing. Find a private repair facility or a mobile tech who comes with good reviews. For small stuff just learn to do it yourself.

Sad state the industry is in right now. Every dealer is swamped delivering new units and installing upgrades that are simple and make them much more money than trying to figure out how to fix something. And the "techs" in many cases are just guys who needed a job and were able bodied with no experience.

Back
Top Bottom