geocaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every time I see one of those things in what "used to be the wilderness" I cringe !

Jack L

I used to Geocache all the time and loved it. Great way to see sites, and get some exercise in the process.  We want to pick it up again when time allows.

I now carry spare micro cache containers, stubby pencils and waterproof note paper to refresh or replace tired caches I find.  Some have been in place quite a while and have seen better days.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

We've been caching since '03.  Found a ton of them out in the desert at Quartzsite.  Left plenty more for next year too.

Last time we went 'caching we had to walk through a field of tall grass. We found the cache, but when we got home, we were covered with chiggers and several ticks. We stripped in the garage and sprayed each other with Raid. Then we came in and showered.

Another thing to try is benchmarking.  Instead of geocaches, you're looking for survey markers, which are kind of like geocaches, except they were hidden years ago and the roads have all changed.  www.geocaching.com/mark .  You can even go to the US Geodetic Survey website and enter new instructions on how to find them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom