Getting around Galveston TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowSubmarine

Hi!  We are planning to go to Galveston at the end of April.  We do not have a toad.  What is the best way to get around Galveston?  I would prefer an RV park near a beach.  Is it easy to rent a car, where they pick you up?  I heard cabs are expensive and Uber/Lyft do not exist.  How do we get around safely?

Car rental on the island is very limited, I think Enterprise is the only option (at least it was 2-3 years ago and their office on the island is a small one open only on week days).    It seems that car rental companies don't like parking fleets of cars in locations that can go under water whenever a hurricane hits. Having said that Galveston does have a public transit bus system, I can not comment on its quality though.

Thank you everyone.  I have decided to book at the Dellanera RV Park.  We got the last spot on the beach :)  Enterprise rent a car will pick you up from this location.  They will pick us up on Saturday morning and we will return the car Monday morning.  I believe the charge was $90 for those days.

I had read bad reviews and I couldn't find much help with the Galveston transit system.  Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom