Girard tankless ho****er heater generation 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lac coop

Has any one on the forum have a Girard generation 2 hot wate heater installed in their units...if so would appreciated feed back on their operation...good bad or ?
We have recently installed a generarion 2 as a replacement for a generation 1 under warranty. So far I am not impressed especially dry camping...using the 12 volt water pump and fresh water tank.

Thanks in advance.

Coops 8)

I have a Girard tankless I took out of my 2014 Trend. I could never get it to work and supply constant hot water.

What are the differences between the gen 1 and 2? Are there any upgrades?

I installed a Suburban 6 gal, gas, electric and have had no problems, bit have to manage my 120v power. Air, microwave and hot water can't all be on at the same time!

The gen 2 has a analog system where switches determine temp limits and temp regulation. The Gen 3 has a digital control with a digital display. According to Girard support, if you got the gen 2, that does not work due to poor design,  installed by the OEM your tough luck.

You'd have to buy a gen 3 for $450 to try it and see if it is any better. Sorry, no thanks, not buying any more Girard products.

I have an Atwood tankless heater and hate it. If I had known how they worked I would never have one. Give me the old style. It is just my wife and I so with all our tank heaters we never ran out of hot water.

If we stop at a campground that doesn't have enough pressure than we have to turn on our on board pump also to get enough flow. Then it gets hot that you have to use some cold to cool it down and then it gets cold again!. If I have my choice it will be a tank style again.

Back
Top Bottom