Giving Starlink the boot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am in one place and don't plan on leaving for awhile. Fiber optic came through and I jumped on it. 300MBPS for $59 a month. No data cap and I get around 364MBPS average speed. And free phone connect for a year [Spectrum runs on the Verizon network but leases AT&T towers as well]. Seamless transfer. When I called them they came out the same day and got me running in less thasn an hour.

I regularly play several online games with the grandkids. Things like Star Wars, Final Fantasy, Entropia Universe, stuff like that. Very seldom have I seen a problem with connectivity, or game continuity while playing, - I can see a number of link drops, most under 2 seconds.
When it does drop a link it is catastrophic to the game session, and I get dropped and have to log back in. That seldom takes more than half a minute. And, it happened just about as often back when I was using CenturyLink, or Xfinity.
And, I've been paying the same standard service for which I originally signed up.
I did actually get throttled down once when I managed to hit something like 4 GB in one billing cycle.
So, until something actually better - and perhaps cheaper - comes along, I'll tote my Starlink dish around.

If forced to do so, I could still go with the Mobile plan. The extra 30/mo is not a deal breaker for us. But, with Margo's health issues, for now we are far less mobile that I expected, and we should be able to stay with current plan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom