GoFundMe accounts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Old_Crow said:
My wife noticed a guy on the street with a sign that said, "Need money for food".  She was going through the drive-through at a burger place anyway, so she doubled her order.  Drove up to the guy and offered him the bag with a burger and fries.  Guy said, "no thanks, I'm a vegetarian."

I'd figure if a person was hungry enough, it wouldn't matter.  Maybe I don't understand vegetarianism?

She bought a couple of burgers just the other day for one of the "homeless" people lurking outside the McDonald's here in Quartzsite.  He had no trouble eating it, and he did share with his dog.

Food?  yes, money?  Uh, no.

I?ve noticed this same thing a few times. When we lived in San Antonio there was a guy that frequented a very busy intersection with a sign that said ?I?M NOT GOING TO LIE, I WANT MONEY FOR BEER?. I think this is a business now. I think there are folks that enlist people to stand at intersections and beg for money. I think they are picked up every day and dropped off at busy intersections and the money is divvied up at the end of the day.

Oldgator73 said:
I?ve noticed this same thing a few times. When we lived in San Antonio there was a guy that frequented a very busy intersection with a sign that said ?I?M NOT GOING TO LIE, I WANT MONEY FOR BEER?. I think this is a business now. I think there are folks that enlist people to stand at intersections and beg for money. I think they are picked up every day and dropped off at busy intersections and the money is divvied up at the end of the day.

I tend to agree...My favorite ones are standing out there holding the sign with one hand...and talking on the phone with the other. If your out begging for a handout then put the DAMN phone away.

Old_Crow said:
Food?  yes, money?  Uh, no. 

I get it. And you're exactly correct! Here's why I say that...
Had a driving job in another city (Doesn't matter where). I would frequent one particular intersection in which a gentleman in a wheelchair would hold a sign begging for help. A couple of times over the years I have actually watched him wheel himself around the corner a couple hundred feet, stand up off of his wheelchair, open the trunk of a Cadillac and toss the wheelchair in. Walk around the car and jump into the driver seat and drive away.
DUH!

Enough drift. Back to topic at hand.

If these people were smart, they would hang out at the end of the HOV entrance ramp with a sign, "HOV passenger, five bucks". Then spend the day riding around on the freeway.

HappyWanderer said:
If these people were smart, they would hang out at the end of the HOV entrance ramp with a sign, "HOV passenger, five bucks". Then spend the day riding around on the freeway.

What is HOV ?

And for me, I let them know where the closest food bank and shelter is, that is the best resource for these in need. 

SpencerPJ said:
What is HOV ?

And for me, I let them know where the closest food bank and shelter is, that is the best resource for these in need.

high-occupancy vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom