Good Sam Club Renewal Notice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I  even received a renewal notice 3 months after I paid for a 3 year renewal term. Go figure.

carson

carson said:
I  even received a renewal notice 3 months after I paid for a 3 year renewal term. Go figure.

carson

As I reflect back after Affinity got involed we started getting renewal notices several times a year and we have a lifetime membership that we got several years  BEFORE Affinity. 

I even received a renewal notice 3 months after I paid for a 3 year renewal term. Go figure.

Carson, that's not unusual either.  I think some of the subscription departments are so "departmentalized" that the right hand doesn't have a clue what the left hand is doing.  Once it leaves one person's desk, it's in limbo until the computer says it's time to generate another notice.  Maybe we should blame it on the programmers who didn't know enough to make it stop doing that!  ::)

ArdraF

You can't pick on Good Sam for this practice (early renewal notices) as I find it in everything we subscribe to, even the three major genealogical societies to which I belong.  It seems to be a standard business procedure.  When I renew, I make a note of the next renewal date in my PDA, set the alarm for 30 days prior to due date, so I know I have a month to renew, if I'm going to.  I keep it on the reminder alarm, until I pay the bill.  Do that with everything, birthdays included.  No surprises for me.  When the junk mail comes, it goes in the trash immediately since I know what it is and don't fret about it.  Those reminders on my PDA sure annoy the heck out of me though, so I'm always sure to take care of them in a hurry...... ;)

Daisy

Daisy, you have a PDA?  What is the world coming to :)

She got it as a free gift for renewing a subscription  ;D

Nah!  You guys have it all wrong.  Fred gave it to me so I could remind him where he had to go and when he had to be there.  (I always tell him where to go  ;D)  Also, he never knew anyone's telephone number, so I had to keep track of that for him too.  That was just a step ahead of cell phones with memories.....  Last year, I told him to get his own, so he has finally come up with his own.  He keeps track of the grocery list on his......  He upgraded mine at the same time so we can have the same info and same wiring for both. ;)

Daisy

Lorna uses our Palm for the shopping list too.  In fact, it was Fred that told me about the program we use.

Ya, my wife tells me where to go too.

I called Good Sam about the early renewal notice and they said it was because a lot of members have slow mail delivery due to  forwarding.  I am not a life time member, so it was real easy for me to quit.  I didn't see where there was much benefit.  10% discount on a camp site or RV Park isn't worth it to me and their magazine is put to shame by the FMCA magazine.

geodrake said:
Ya, my wife tells me where to go too.

I called Good Sam about the early renewal notice and they said it was because a lot of members have slow mail delivery due to  forwarding.  I am not a life time member, so it was real easy for me to quit.  I didn't see where there was much benefit.  10% discount on a camp site or RV Park isn't worth it to me and their magazine is put to shame by the FMCA magazine.

They never could give a good explanation why they sent renewal notices to lifetime members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom