Good Sam Renewal FYI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikasdads

Just thought I would share to save someone else the frustration.

We recently got a Good Sam Renewal offer for $75 for 3 years with a $50 store credit offer.  Even though our closest Camping World is over an hour away and we are traveling less, we figured for basically $25 for 3 years it was worth it.  We planed on using the $50 credit towards some supplies and possibly a new sat dish since ours was the victim of a windy day.  Today we got our new cards...with two $25 "coupons" that are only good for certain dates.  One is good for the next 20 days and the second is good for about 30 days at the end of the summer.  We were expecting one $50 voucher with no date restrictions. Good Sam claims this was in the fine print.  Regardless, feels a little slimy, like most of our recent Good Sam/Camping World experiences.  I think it's fitting that I was going to spend it on RV toilet paper and tank treatments. 

Like Rene, I wonder why you'd waste money on RV toilet paper (regular paper like for the house is what we use) and tank treatments (water is all we use). In all our RVs since 2006, we only used chemicals for a cassette type toilet, never for a holding tank (just plenty of water), and we use regular Charmin, Northern, etc. with no problems.

X3.  I have not been RV camping as long as Larry or Rene, but we use Charmin Ultra, lots of water, no chemicals, only dump when at least ? full, and rinse after dump.  Add 5 gal to tank after dump.  NO ISSUES!!

You guys had me scared for a minute...I was thinking ?Are my wife and I the only ones using toilet paper??

:p

Maybe instead of toilet treatments, you could buy a big corkscrew instead. Then it would at least remind you of your purchase every time you used it! 

I agree, it does feel "slimy" but legal. I just wonder if the marketing guys that thought that up know or care about the bad will that type of deal generates.

We got the same thing, one is good up until one date and then expires, the other is good up until a later date.

I didnt like this either, I went to camping world and told them why, they told me that regardless of expatriation date of first voucher I could use it with the second one, I did this and bought a small tire pump that works only sometimes regardless of the box saying heavy duty.

Wasted money but I do not blame camping world, we consumers want things cheap and so now we have to deal with it

No chemicals or special toilet here.  NP.  Don't lose your money.

I think part of the whole rv toilet paper or not depends on how your black tank is plumbed, some tanks empty out better than others Bottom discharge vs side discharge, number of bends in the drain pipe, etc.

Isaac-1 said:
I think part of the whole rv toilet paper or not depends on how your black tank is plumbed, some tanks empty out better than others Bottom discharge vs side discharge, number of bends in the drain pipe, etc.

They have done these "T/P tests" at some of the RV events.....the results showed that even the bestest/softest brands of T/P dissolved just as well, as the RV stuff.

I just received my renewal notice today. Thanks for the heads-up. I never shop at Camping World, but I will read the fine print and see if I can use it someplace else. I'm not sure I get any benefits from being a member. Most the campgrounds I go to are state owned, or Core of Engineers (COE). Neither accept GoodSam discounts. COE campgrounds accept my Access Pass and give me a discount.

Not sure I will renew.

For what it's worth I also just purchased a three year membership and received the two certificates. I purchased some items at the Camping World in Rossford, Ohio and they pointed out the dates they
were valid. The second one is valid between 6/16/19 to 7/16/19. They wouldn't let me use the second one.
I don't see the benefit of renewing for three years since it requires two visits to their stores to use them and they are NOT valid for online purchases.
I would consider not renewing with them next time but I did get the best deals from them online last year on purchasing a Hugh Autoformer and Progressive Industries Surge protector.

when my good sam expires I just wait till I need to buy something and renew at the time of purchase. If it is a big item you usually save more on the item than the membership costs and have all year to use it again. having it just to have it is a waste of money IMO.

spdracr39 said:
when my good sam expires I just wait till I need to buy something and renew at the time of purchase. If it is a big item you usually save more on the item than the membership costs and have all year to use it again. having it just to have it is a waste of money IMO.

I agree.  Same with Passport America. Since we are not lifetime members, and when our membership expires, we wait until we are going to use it again to renew.

Back
Top Bottom