Good Sam Samborees - Does Anyone Attend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still takes my time Ron, which I object to as much as having to retrieve and sort the junk from my mailbox then dispose of it. But I might try it next time, if I'm not so mad that I forget to call.

Doubt the employees are concerned about the cost of things like 800 #'s?? Curious Tom, if you don't have a Good Sam account, then how did they start sending you the junk mail at first?? Once on their list, always on their list?? I'm going to take Ned's approach and see what happens.....I sure don't want to pay for the junk mail. FYI, I ordered a Camping World catalog and then got the GS solicitations....

woodartist said:
Curious Tom, if you don't have a Good Sam account, then how did they start sending you the junk mail at first??

21 years ago we joined Good Sam, but we dropped them years ago and we've moved twice since then. They're relentless in tracking us down I guess. Maybe we should have these folks track Osama Bin Laden since they're so good at it  ???

woodartist said:
Great idea Tom. We could pay the nominal membership fee for him and then collect the 25 million reward :eek:

Maybe then they'd have enough money to stop junk-mailing us  ???  Nah, that's just wishful thinking.

As Ned said you can call GS and ask to be taken off the mailing list, the bad part is if you are a GS member you wont receive your renewal, as far as what the topic is about going to the samborees, the DW and I go every year to the WI samboree, I am the Webmaster for the State, and it is only a $60 cost not $1000+, if i read the post right it sounds to me more of a caravan tour insted of a samboree, that is totally different from a samboree, We are life time members and enjoy the GS Samborees, Jumbos, and Local Club meetings, oh BTW we are FMCA members too, and enjoy the fun activities with them

Anyone have the GS "cancel the junk mail" number? I've received more junk mail since my last message and it appears they're even doing joint stuff with credit card companies. I tried numerous times in the past to get it stopped, but failed miserably. I'll give it one more try if it means I can keep this stuff out of my mailbox.

I'm not a GS member, but that hasn't stopped "renewals" from showing up in my mailbox in the past.

Tom, maybe the secret is you have to join GS to stop the mail :)  Call the GS member services number 1-800-234-3450 and if they can't do it, then ask for the Affinity Group services number.

They not only have credit card offers, AG also owns a bank and sells insurance.  One stop shopping for the RVer, or so they would like you to think.

I prefer calling them 1 stop junkers.  When I return their mail to them I leave my name and addy on so they know who is returning it.

That was a good number Ned, thanks. I talked with a lady who looked me up in her computer and was very surprised to see they'd been sending me junk mail since 1998. (it's actually been since 1985.) This lady was very pleasant and said she could stop both the direct mailings and the joint credit card stuff. I won't hold my breath, but this is (apparently) more success than I've had in all these years.

Looks like the phone call worked. I haven't seen any GS junk mail in several months. Phew! Hope I'm not jinxing myself  :(

I spoke too soon - it started again! We were away just three and a half weeks and, when Chris picked up the mail at the post office this afternoon, there was more GS junk mail. Another credit card offer that I don't need and surely don't need in my mailbox waiting for the thieves. I'm really miffed by this and I really don't need any more lectures on "Good Sam bashing". This is totally inexcusable given what I've previously reported and the assurance I was given that this stuff would stop.

Now Tom junk mail is one of the benefits you get from GS and they just don't want you to miss out. ;D ;D ;D

Like I said before if we weren't lifetime members we would not be members at all.  We joined before Affinity Group Junk Mail generators took over.  But then you don't even have to be a member to enjoy the benefits of GS junk mail.

Ron, please do not bash GS. They really don't deserve it.

I don't know what we did right, but we haven't gotten anything from AG, other than the magazines, for years.  They even forgot to send us our GS renewal notice one year :)

Ned, and I are in the minority. All I get is a monthly e-mailed newsletter and a highways mag! Count me blessed!

Calling worked for us until I stopped and got a quote for GS extended warranty at Pomona a year ago and the junk started again. ??? Called again and it stopped.

On second thought maybe Alternative Resources is throwing it away with the rest of the Fourth Class mail. 8) 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom