Good sams poor company policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadrider

I came home today to find a letter that good sams is removing me from there program.  I have been a member for 8 years with them and during the 8 years I think I have use them twice overall and niether of them was for my RV.  This year we have had two breakdowns one was for my RV and one was for my truck. We also got a flat tire and need it good sams to put our spare on. These three prblems took place within three months of each other and now there removing me for over use. Curently im payed to 2019 so they are going to do a refund within the next ten days.  I think good sams should drop the good in there name and instead of unlimited tows they should say we will tow you as long as you dont go over the  cost of your membership fee. Poor poor company policy.

Coach-Net has handled tows for our motorhome two or three times in the same year a couple of times in the years we've been with them. The tow bills that I would have paid totaled enough that my Coach-Net fee has been repaid many times over, and never a word from them about "over use". One four mile tow alone would have cost me about $600 according to the driver, due to the distance he had to come to get to us, and other tows would have been over a $1,000. I know Coach-Net gets a better price of course...

MEMBERSHIP AND CANCELLATION POLICY10, 11, 12
Membership is subject to cancellation by either party at any time for any reason, upon written notification. The cancellation of a membership includes the Member, Associates, Extended Family Members and all other individuals eligible for benefits under the membership. All benefits will cease when the membership expires
or either party cancels. Should either party cancel, the Member will receive a prorated refund for the unused portion of his/her membership term, without any deductions.

The above statement is from there brocher. Cancellation takes effect ten days from the letter being issued. We leave tomorrow for a two week holiday and now with no RV roadside. If I didn't see the letter today i would have assume my roadside is there for me when it is not. what a great out for the company, if your tow bill is going to be expensive and you call for assistance, they can say sorry we cancel your service didn't you see the letter. The reason for my cancellation was 3 tows for this year and that is over use but I believe the real reason is i was a platinum plus member and I am allow towing up to 100 miles in any direction of my choice and they dont offer that service any more and they want to get people off that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom