Got complaint for my doggy barking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ardra, Chris is already trained, but it took me a while  ;D

You are fortunate Tom.  Ruth is not yet fully trained....... sometimes I end up going in and out of Walmart many times before she settles down.  Generally, it has to do with missing things on the shopping list.  I'm considering the crate.

Our pup was being crate trained when we got her. We kept it up and she slept and lounged in the crate for several months. When she finally outgrew the crate, we got her a bed with 6" sides and put it in the bedroom between the bed and the closet wall. It created a "cubby" that she could go to and feel safe. ow when we leave her, she heads for her bed as soon as we close the door to the rig. We often have to go in and wake her up when we get back. The crate training was the best thing we could have done with her.

SargeW said:
We often have to go in and wake her up when we get back.
If'n I do get a dog I'd prefer one that lets out a few barks when the door knob is jostled.  Help keep the bad guys movin' along to visit your RV.    :)   

I had the same probelms with my two Labs. I got nasty grams from neigbors at home and on the road. Their great companions and good protection, but I traded them for 38 SW I waited along time to be free to go any time I want without to being ;D tried down. I spent alot of money on training and bark collars didn't help much.   

One thing to remember if you ever do use a bark (shock) collar - never, ever, ever leave the dog unattended while wearing the bark collar. Always be nearby to check on the dog. You can cause serious stress problems. It's a training device, not a permanent solution.

Wendy

Wendy said:
One thing to remember if you ever do use a bark (shock) collar - never, ever, ever leave the dog unattended while wearing the bark collar. Always be nearby to check on the dog. You can cause serious stress problems. It's a training device, not a permanent solution.

Wendy

Indeed but if the dog wont bark while they are there it wont do any good.
Maybe just drive to the park office and walk back a short time later to check on him\her?

we left a beagle in the camper once he didnt bark at all but when we came back he had every cushing torn up and all the foam on the floor that was the last trip with dear pooch.

four winds said:
we left a beagle in the camper once he didnt bark at all but when we came back he had every cushing torn up and all the foam on the floor that was the last trip with dear pooch.

It would have been the last thing my dog ever did.......  :eek:

What breed of dog do you have? Separation anxiety we have experienced with my one Golden Retriever when she is in our RV. The RV is not there home it is different.  Your house has smells it relates to and places it is secure around.This problem can be worked out. My wife and I are Dog Trainers and the one thing we do not like is the shock collar! This is the worst thing you can do to the dog. I do not want to get into that but I had to say something. Communication between you and your dog is most important. Some people hit there dog because they are doing something that the handler is upset with. The dog has no idea why it has been hit. I have a Flat Coat retriever that we rescued and to this day she still has issues. She is the sweetest dog I have ever owned. She barked, Ripped Screens, stood on kitchen table and the best for last went through the window after a DUCK. That took two years off my life. Now she is calm  and loves to go camping. It is not easy but problems can be worked out. I Than kGod I kept that dog because I had cancer and almost gave up on living but that dog was with me and today I know I am on earth because of my wife ,kids and my Flat Coat Retriever. This is a small thing to over come just hang in there. Everyone here will help you through this and it will be better.

Back
Top Bottom