GPS Voice Prompts: Nicknames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha!  I thought I was the only one that named her....My wife thought I was losing my mind when she directed us DEAD CENTER infront of an antique store in the middle of nowhere in Penn....When we arrived, I said..Thank you Garmina. :D

My Garmin 350 is named Stella.  She is the most patient woman I've ever met.  She only gets a little agitated when I try to talk like Marlon Brando.

I have a Tom Tom Rider,  it is designed for motorcycle use, but can also be used on dash.  They have additional voices that can be downloaded.  I have Dennis Hopper, sounding like Easy Rider. 

Has some great words in there. 

If I ever remember the name of his character I guess I'll cal it by that name.

We call ours "Nellie".  The name came from the GPS in our Jeep.  Those of you who are old enough may remember the Roy Rogers TV show.  There was a character, Pat, who didn't like horses and used a Jeep named Nelliebell.  We took the name for our GPS voice in our Jeep.  The name was carried over to the GPS in the coach.  The two have slightly different personalities, but both manage to get us lost from time to time.

Dean

PancakeBill said:
If I ever remember the name of his character I guess I'll cal it by that name.
Honda was "Wyatt'...(Captain America)... :D
Hopper was "Billy"

We call ours "Betty in the Box" because it is a female voice and it sounds kinda "tinny" like it is enclosed within a box.  The unit is an older Garmin Streetpilot III

PancakeBill said:
OK, would sound silly if I call mine Billy.  Maybe just call it Hops.

Bill, his name was supposed to personify "Billy the kid", so you might just call it... "da kid"... ???

I guess mine must be, "the thing".

Every time I admit that I don't know exactly where we are, or exactly where were headed.....  Jane will say, "well, look at the thing ", "what's the thing  say?"  :D

Ours is called Trixie. At least that's what I call her in public. If she tells me to turn around and go back one more time....she's going to the moon with Ralph Cramden's Trixie.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom