Grand Canyon, best rv parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tanglemoose said:
Know this thread is old... but like the info, just wondering about doing it in March? We are here, and thinking of heading that way in early March. But wondering if 7000 feet too early. Don't  mind a little snow... but boondocking and mud, not so much... ideas?
We are currently thinking about (?planning? is too strong a word) boondocking in the Kaibab in early March too. I will be interested in hearing what folks say. Like you, I don?t mind some snow, but I don?t want to drive our rig in mud. We are just too big and too easy to get stuck. We plan on staying in Williams a couple of days and taking the train in, just for the train experience. We have stayed at Mather a few times in the past, but we haven?t ever taken the train.

UTTransplant said:
We are currently thinking about (?planning? is too strong a word) boondocking in the Kaibab in early March too. I will be interested in hearing what folks say. Like you, I don?t mind some snow, but I don?t want to drive our rig in mud. We are just too big and too easy to get stuck. We plan on staying in Williams a couple of days and taking the train in, just for the train experience. We have stayed at Mather a few times in the past, but wwe haven?t ever taken the train.

Yes. I am worried about mud etc with boondocking in March... we would like to run over for a few days on March too...

We plan on staying in Williams a couple of days and taking the train in, just for the train experience.

Winter or summer (we've done both) that Grand Canyon Railroad trip is a hoot, reminding me of travel in the late '40s/'50s, a fun time on every trip.

Back
Top Bottom