Great space heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These comments and reviews really helped in selecting a space heater for my travel trailer. We're new to RVing but already realize the cost and discomfort of being in cold temps. Since we come and go from MN, heat is a must. This Lasko heater is still available on Amazon and Walmart (several other sites too). Sell price is the same on both at $52.99 plus free shipping from Walmart or Amazon if your're a prime member. Walmart is also participating in the 1-10% cash back program with on line purchases so it is a little cheaper from Walmart.

seilerbird said:
I ended up with a Lasko ceramic 755320 and it is one amazing heater and it was only $46. It heats way better than either of the other two heaters which amazes me since all three are 1500 watts.
seilerbird
That is simply NOT POSSIBLE...a 1500 watt electric space heater puts out 5,100 BTUs of heat per hour, (no matter the price, size or shape of the electric space heater).

Perhaps Tom meant that it distributes the heat better. It's a certainty that there ARE differences in how well a heater does its job, even for those that consume the same number of watts. So if it's not literally true, it certainly is true in the sense of how one feels the heat, which is the most important factor.

I hate being cold. But Florida does get cold north of Miami.

I love my propane furnace but keeping the propane topped up is problematic. When it's super cold, I do use the furnace to quickly heat up the RV then maintain it with the electric fireplace heater.

The fireplace is wonderful electric heat with terrific ambiance but it's not super quick. However  it does maintain and feel great.

I also have two 200 watt portable mini heaters that are awesome. One I keep in the bathroom and the other I move around. Most often it can be found at my feet at my desk.

At night I run the 200 watt heater in the water closet all night long. If I have to make a 3am visit to the toilet, it's super nice that it is super warm.

To be very frugal, I enjoy cool air at night. I have a mattress warmer on my bed with ten settings. It is marvelous! I can sleep toasty warm while breathing in cool air and save a bundle on heating costs. When I get up, then I turn up the fireplace or furnace or both.

My little dog gets cold and he has his own bed warmer which he is very fond of too. Only problem is it turns off automatically and he hasn't learned how to turn it back on, so I have to check it all the time. Mainly I just turn it off and back on so the cycle restarts and he can enjoy it.

I also keep a blankie near the reclining sofa so we can both be cozy when watching a show or relaxing.

Life is goof.  ;D

The Lasko ceramic 755320 has reasonable ratings, however, there are several bad reports on Amazon (nearly 10%) where the outlet and plug have severely overheated, a major safety issue. Being a 1500 watt heater, it may be caused mostly by worn out outlets causing a poor connection, but it could also be caused by a the power cord itself, such as skimping on wire size or a poor connection within the plug. Just something to keep in mind - with any heater, for that matter.

So which one you selected? I am also fed up because of the noise and vibration of my space heater. Planning to get a new portable heater before travelling. Found here the reviews of the best one https://10hightech.com/best-space-heaters/

Which one should I select for now? Should small in size with zero noise? Keep in mind, in severe winter, and I prefer to keep it on while sleeping. So, suggest a perfect by taking care of safety issues.

I won't suggest which one you should select but I will ;oint out that the Uni-Box outlet used in most RV's and even in sticks and bricks now days are not really up to double digit loads like a 1500 Watt heater (12.5 amps) they tend to melt.. Internally.. And this can in therory lead to a visit from one grou that still makes house calls (Fire dept)

Now that said I use multiple space haters but they are plugged into 15/20 amp outlets. Satandard wall outlets of a type used in a home but with a "T" shaped neutral. 12 ga wire bent around a properly tightened screw and each fed by a dedicated circuit breaker.. Total issues since adding those outlets over a decade ago.. ZERO.  I've had to replace a uni-box or 2.

John From Detroit said:
I won't suggest which one you should select but I will ;oint out that the Uni-Box outlet used in most RV's and even in sticks and bricks now days are not really up to double digit loads like a 1500 Watt heater (12.5 amps) they tend to melt.. Internally.. And this can in therory lead to a visit from one grou that still makes house calls (Fire dept)

Now that said I use multiple space haters but they are plugged into 15/20 amp outlets. Satandard wall outlets of a type used in a home but with a "T" shaped neutral. 12 ga wire bent around a properly tightened screw and each fed by a dedicated circuit breaker.. Total issues since adding those outlets over a decade ago.. ZERO.  I've had to replace a uni-box or 2.

Typically T shaped neutral signifies 20A circuit. Non T shape 15A circuit.
Meltdowns are usually bad connections creating heat.
I see no reason a 1500 watt heater should not work well or cause any issue in an RV.

8); What ever suits your needs best! In the Fall of 2013 I purchased an infra-red style heater like the Eden Pure advertised in the popular mechanics, popular science magazine! Got this one from Big Lots on sale for $99.99 at that time! It has worked well down to 32 degrees. Use the propane furnace as a backup to heat the basement and interior in the 5er!  ;D

John From Detroit said:

John From Detroit
Uni-Box outlet?
Do you mean self contained outlets?
https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/5902-1.jpg
(Even Google doesn't know what a Uni-Box outlet is)

I mentioned this in another thread, but if anyone's in Quartzsite(now through Feb 28)and wants one of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Utility-Milkhouse-Style-Electric-Space-Heater-DQ1702/642591645

Give me a shout.  I'm not going to use it again, and it's only taking up space, so I'm taking a page from Bill W's book and offering it up for free.

My Delonghi digital thermostat oil filled space heater cranks out an incredible amount of heat in our main living area.  It is currently -4 degrees outside and it is 63 deg F in our main living area.  I turned on a small sunbeam ceramic heater to supplement it and it is now a perfect 68.2 degrees.  In my bedroom, I have a small oil filled heater supplemented by a non-ceramic (quiet) old Delonghi forced air heater run on a wireless outlet thermostat.  It was 71 degrees all night in bedroom.  Didn't have to run propane once all night.  Kitchen faucet was set to drip to prevent freezing and all is ok there too.  Storage compartment has 2 small 200-250 watt forced area heaters and one 250 watt chicken coop panel heater and it is 70 deg F in there although my outlet thermocubes should not allow the temp to go above 55 deg F but I'm not complaining. 

A good quality oil filled heater-not one from Walmart- really cranks out the heater with NO noise at all.  I was lucky and got a refurbished one for half price from Amazon for $65

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjoutdoors
Back
Top Bottom