Greenville, SC Heading West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil-t

Heading west from Greenville, SC in a few days. 32 ft. Class A with toad - would like to get I-20 and I-22 West to I-40 West.  Any suggestions on a best route around busy Atlanta?  Planning on heading south on I-85 to start.  Just came from I-40 and PidgeonForge.

I am open to all suggestions and alternate routes, heading west, Oklahoma City, OK is the next stop.other than overnights every 300, or so, miles.

Getting around Atlanta easily is more a matter of timing than route. Anytime Sunday should be ok, or early evening.  I've had good luck crossing toward the end of evening rush hour, since I would be entering the metro area while everybody else is leaving and then follow the last of the crowd out the other side.  My experience with any time in the morning is dismal. Afternoons are hit or miss.

I'd be a little cautious about late Sunday afternoon, esp. down I-85, it's the time weekends in the mountains end.

Another Atlanta caution: often times the far right lane becomes an ?exit only? lane. Better to stay one lane over so you don?t get caught trying to merge at the last second.

Can not suggest a route. but can make a suggestion.> TIMING IS EVERYTHING.

5 PM. pull off and have dinner
5 AM clear sailing

Other hours.. I have not researched.

Back
Top Bottom