Greetings from SD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theboomanchu

Hi,
My wife and I are looking to very possibly retire in the near future, but not in the traditional way.  We are looking to do it on the road in a fifth wheel trailer and just follow the fair weather.  All things considered, it appeals to us more than the thought of being stuck in the north for the winter, or in the heat of the south for the summer, and Lord knows we can't afford to have a home in both places, so we'll make like a couple of turtles, and take it with us!
Theboomanchu

Welcome to The RV Forum. Sounds like you have a plan coming together. In addition to browsing our message boards, feel free to research our various other resources accessibke via the menu above.

Greeting back to you,

Not sure if you are aware but lots of folks retire and establish their new residence in SD for a number of reasons.  We've found most of the SD license plates we see are from folks who have never really lived in SD.  I believe there are 4 mail forwarding business set up in SD to assist these folks with any residence problems such as licenses, taxes, mail, voting and such. 

Thanks  Chuck

Thanks Chuck,

While I haven't gotten to that point in our planning yet, I have wondered about some of those aspects.  I know some states need a physical address to establish residency, but I have been wondering if SD does or if a PO Box will suffice.

Thanks! Boo (or Theboomanchu)

South Dakota's current rules require you to establish residency by a physical presence in the state for at least ONE NIGHT per year. A hotel rental receipt or CG receipt is good enough.  You may live in a PO BOX

FL, TX and NV I am told also have residency requirments that are very liberal (one day.. The day you officially MOVE in most cases.. Need never return) though license and tax laws vary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom