Greetings from the Bluegrass State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don_and_Deb

Deb and I just bought our first RV, a 1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 32CG, a few weeks ago.  We're both new to RV'ing, but look forward to the many adventures to come!

Any Kentucky RV'ers be sure to say howdy!  See you all around the forum.

Attachments

• C-Rex Drivers side view.jpg
    C-Rex Drivers side view.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 17
  • C-Rex front view.jpg
    C-Rex front view.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 10
Hello there Don and Deb, we're glad you found us. Congratulations on your new-to-you motorhome. The pictures look like it may have been well cared for. Here's a suggestion we try to pass along to new RVers who buy used RVs. Make sure you check the date codes on the tires. When RV tires are about seven years old, they're pretty close to needing to be replaced, no matter how good they look or how few miles they have on them.

The issue is the chemicals in the rubber that hold the tires together. Those chemicals start to break down over time, especially if they aren't heated up by driving. Motorhome tires are inflated to some pretty high pressures, and a blowout can do a lot more damage than to just the tire. Hopefully, the previous owner took care of that.

Let us know if we can help with your new adventure... that's what we're here for.

Kev

Thanks! The tires are a bit of a mixed bag, with most being 2-3 years old, but the oldest pair (on the passenger side rear) is 5 years old.  We'll probably replace them this summer, even though they don't show signs of dry rot.  I prefer to be proactive when it comes to maintenance.

I'm sure we'll have a hundred questions, but hopefully we'll be able to help someone else out down the road. :)

Hi.  What part of the state are you from?  We're from the Glasgow area.

Shelia

If you like Corp of Engineer campgrounds, Baileys Point on Barren River Lake is nice.  We like Loop A -- has more spaces suited to motorhomes. 

Shelia

Gods Country said:
I'm a Pa yankee (I guess), but really liked your state....can't wait to make it back some day.

Last fall our first "big" trip was to PA -- loved it!  We have some beautiful places here, but the area around Lancaster was such a large area of nothing but beautiful!  Visiting Hershey and making my own chocolate bar was pretty neat too ;)

Shelia

Don_and_Deb said:
Hadn't heard of that one (the campground, not the lake :) )...we'll check it out!  Thanks!

The road into Baileys Point is like a lot of COE destinations around here -- narrow and curvy and this road actually goes through a farm barn lot.  The good thing is that practically everyone on the road is either in an RV or farm equipment so are respectful of others.

Shelia

RockyHill said:
Last fall our first "big" trip was to PA -- loved it!  We have some beautiful places here, but the area around Lancaster was such a large area of nothing but beautiful!  Visiting Hershey and making my own chocolate bar was pretty neat too ;)

Shelia

I-80 roughly splits the state in half north to south.  Travel north of 80 (the further the better) and you will see some very nice country, IMO.

Welcome to the site, nice looking rig you got there. We are in KY also, fairly close to you. We're in Meade County. Happy travels!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HillcountryHusker
Back
Top Bottom