greetings !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowandoc

hello,.. i'm signing up on this forum because i am so excited about my new RV ,... and i need help. !!! i just purchased a 1993 fleetwood tioga montara,27'. it has been well kept,..... but unused. i thought i could replace a running light,.. which the previous had purchased ,... so ...yea you guessed it i flubbed it up ,... blew a fuse and it is the darnedest (did i really just say that) thing. i have double cheked all the fuse panels,.. the blinkers, back up,hazard,and all the other lights work. just not the first running light,....or rear running/parking lights. and,.... there are several more issues,.... i think the gas detector /safety switch thing is on this same fuse. cause it was working and now it doesnt. and yes i had propane added.  my generator starts very reluctantly,... then quits after about ten minutes. the fridge won't come on either ,...lol. but i have heard that shouldn't  be a problem to fix. so ,... HI Y'ALL FROM DOWN TOWN COWAN,TN. LET'S GO CAMPING. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL REPLYS TO THIS POST. I'M GOIN' TO SEARCH FOR MORE INFO

Hello cowandoc and welcome to The RV Forum.  And congratulations on the new rig!

I'm unable to help with your electrical problem, however others are likely to join in soon.  That's the neat thing about this forum............ we have lots of members and they/we like to help others.  Our library is chocked full of good, useful information and so are the heads of the members.

Participation in our discussions and Wednesday evening campfires is encouraged.  Participate and you will soon have many new RV buddies.

Welcome aboard!

thanks. i would enjoy meeting all of the new friends. i'm sure in just a few more hours tinkering around i will have it all running smoothly.

Hello and welcome. I'm also a newbie and have learned much here. There's a wealth of knowledge here and people are glad to help.
As an "old rig" owner, if you don't have one, you need to get a "meter". It will become your best friend! Also called volt meter, multi-meter, amp meter, etc. You are on the right track in finding out what all is on the circuit. Use the meter to check voltages at the points on the circuit to try and isolate where the problem is.
I have a cheapie digital from Harbor Freight and an antique analog meter. Going to invest in a decent one, one of these days.
This is a simplistic answer and I'm sure the experts will help you through troubleshooting the problem.
Just a note, on older units that have sat a lot, corrosion on electrical contacts is one of your main enemies. My old rig only has 26K on it, so it was used sparingly. I had to clean up all the electrical contacts on the furnace to get it working. Also, just wouldn't start one day - had to take the distributor apart to clean the carbon and contacts on it, replaced the 30 yr. old plugs and she fires right up again.
Don't give up an don't get frustrated, you'll get'er going.
Tom B

thanks tom. i've spent some time reading what manuals i have and plan to start doing maintance things i am comfortable with. change plug air filter and oil on my generator will be next ,..... after i get the tails lights back on. talk soon thanks.

Back
Top Bottom