Growing 'B' Experience with Food and Space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the limited inside storage the ERA has I am definitely looking at some kind of platform that will attach to the trailer hitch, with some kind of storage box attacked to the platform. I may also want to take a bicycle or an e-bike along as well. Fortunately my hitch seems quite high and ground clearance shouldn't be an issue. It has a tongue weight of 500 pounds so I have to be cognisant of that.

I can see that opening the doors will be an issue ... but I only need to use them if I store anything under the sofa/bed. Right now the only thing I have there is the shore power cord and a small tool box. I figure I can put them in the storage box. Mind you ... the rear door is also an emergency exit ... not sure under what circumstances I would have to bail out the back, but one never knows. ???

As "camperAL" mentioned I am always aware of security. (being a police officer for 35 years ... old habits die hard). Most of the time I will be with the RV, but on the occasion when I leave to go off and explore it could be tempting to some to wonder what might be in the storage box.

In all likelihood I would only need the "storage box" on my 2-3 month trips. A week here and there so far hasn't been a problem.

Back
Top Bottom