Guitars and WD-40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Mike...nice to see you on the air..

Don't stay away so long.

The YouTube clip is not working too well over here, the other side of the World.  Very slow. I wonder if I am the only one to notice that...I am on a fast connection.

Hope you and your family are well.

Carson FL

Carson,
nearly every day I am in the RV Forum (since nearly four years). But most of the times I don't have to say anything. Others did before - and they really know it better.
- Try the clip a few hours later. Youtube sometimes delivers quick, sometimes very slow. I tried it this moment and received it with up to 2000 kbit/sec.
- Family is OK. Our younger son is now Staff Sergeant as you would call him in the US Army. Now he is the backbone of the army just as his daddy was years ago as a Chief Petty Officer. But he as a Army man has dirty feet which I never had as a Navy man ;D

Luca1369 said:
A guitarist changes their strings as they see fit.  Some change them every gig, some every week, some every month, and once in a while you run across someone like you who's going for some kind of record.
Three years is no kind of record. The strings on my Takamini 12 string are over 10 years old, and on my Yamaha 6 string are even older. Of course I don't play much, and I'm aware I should get new strings (I have a few -- not a full set), but it's not been worth it so far -- perhaps if I start jamming with folks again (it's been years...).

the thing i find funny about this thread is how it started out about guitars and ends up on drummers...man those drummers are always seeking attention and want to make it about them..... ;D

itsmikeagain said:
the thing i find funny about this thread is how it started out about guitars and ends up on drummers...man those drummers are always seeking attention and want to make it about them..... ;D

It's also about WD40.  Do drummers use WD40?  Perhaps on their cymbals or pedals, maybe even their little stools?

Do not use WD-40 on your eggs, at least on a gas stove.  I guess it did make 'em come off the ceiling easier.

Luca1369 said:
It's also about WD40.  Do drummers use WD40?  Perhaps on their cymbals or pedals, maybe even their little stools?

Generally oils/solvents of any kind are REALLY bad to have around drum heads, especially natural, cloth, or paper heads.  In high school we used Vaseline on the threads of our casings (the screws that tighten the hoop and pull a head against the shell of the drum).  Now I would use something synthetic with no petroleum oils in it.

I'm not a kit player, so no stools for me.  Unfortunately now my back is shot from running around with a marching drum strapped to my shoulders for 8 years!

Well, gang, I have two fiddles and a guitar and a can of WD-40 in my rig and am gearing up for 5 stage shows a day plus street performances, every weekend, jam session Saturday night, worship service Sunday morning.  I have some extra E strings for the fiddle, some extra E strings for the guitar, and am kinda hoping I'm not going to need the WD-40.

slighty warped neck OR depending on where they break it could be a small bur in the tuner.....nonetheless, i'll back you up with my 12 string anytime you need it....or my mandolin, or my 6 string banjo or better yet my kazoo!

Great to know this forum has so many pickers. 
I'd like to invite you to a Bluegrass event we've had for 31 years.  It's Memorial Day weekend every year and is held at the Pegasus Campground in Elkins WV.  Some stage shows, but 90% of the music is around the campfires - many times the best kind.  Pegasus is a great, smaller campground run by and for musical types, the Elkins valley is down-right beautiful, and hiking, nature and mountain life are all around.  They have a nice web-site, but I never figured out how to post a link.

Maybe a little WD-40 on my little finger will let me get to 4th fret C# so I can hit a decent C#m chord!

johncmr

Okay, this is the weirdest thread I've seen in a long time.  WD-40 is mostly kerosene (lots of oil).  And oil is one thing you want to keep away from guitar strings and guitars in general.  None of this makes any sense.

And agree with Johncmr: the C#m chord (and its derivatives, like Bm) are among the uglier chords to play on the guitar, but oh do they sound pretty if played cleanly and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom