Guns - the rest of the story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigfatguy said:
So, whether you believe in gun ownership or not, you aren't allowed to talk about owning guns?
Not on this forum. It is a pretty simple rule but one a bunch of people cannot seem to understand.

Isn't that kind of like saying laws against gay marriage aren't biased, because straight people can't get gay-married either?
Huh? That is just stupid.

OBX said:
Gun discussions belong here as much as 4x4, fishing, boating, crafts, photography, etc.  People like to have civlized discussions about RVing and guns which makes perfect sense.
:)) :)) :))
Exactly what I was thinking reading the first few responses.

When I see a topic discussing either something I'm not interested in, or something I find offensive or negative in some way, or something I'm opposed to...I really don't even click into it unless it's purely entertainment value or for broadening my horizons...
or if I'm in a thread before I know it's something like that...I just click out....
I figure it's not really my place to derail their thing...or to force my opinions into their free thinking.

side note*

As a Vet I always like to talk to others..

A large percentage of Navy Vets I talk to, have had SEAL training.....about 1/2 the others were Corpsman attached to Marines .

8)

SeilerBird said:
Not on this forum. It is a pretty simple rule but one a bunch of people cannot seem to understand.

That is a false statement. There is no rule anywhere that says guns cannot be discussed.

As I have previously stated: I don't participate in off-road activities, so I don't comment on the 4x4 topics. I would never purposely derail the conversations there. Similar courtesy from anti-gun members would be refreshing.

RockyFarmer said:
So SeilerBird are you saying we are not allowed to talk about guns on this site.

SeilerBird is wrong on that statement.  Guns and gun ownership, as they relate to being carried/transported in RVs has been allowed to some extent in the past.  The key to those discussions is to NOT make it a political topic, not to voice your "for" or "agin" feelings about guns and gun ownership and stay on topic as per how owning/transporting/carrying a weapon legally while you are RVing.  Of course, keeping any and all conversations civil between members will go a long way to keeping the thread open....and on topic.

On a side note, this forum is not unlike many forums that basically prohibit politics, religion, and gun topics.  I am a moderator on a couple different motorcycle forum with very similar rules and I allow some of those threads to continue as long as the members abide by the things that I just mentioned, but I will lock them down quickly if things get out of hand......and I'm a die-hard 2nd amendment gun guy myself.....but I also work hard at keeping the forums that I moderate, a pleasant, civil, fun experience for all the members.....as best I can.

This topic is really funny...
It's quite simple

Don't read this topic if you don't like the subject...
And don't make your own rules ...

I remember someone here trying to sell us on a phone. I just didn't read the post.

Like photography is a topic and if you don't like it move on.

Willandgiselarv said:
This topic is really funny...
It's quite simple

Don't read this topic if you don't like the subject...
And don't make your own rules ...

I remember someone here trying to sell us on a phone. I just didn't read the post.

Like photography is a topic and if you don't like it move on.

This is beyond the “comprehension factor” by some,the very same “some”....every time!
    However, I enjoy their input! Their complete and total ignorance of firearms is amazing and humorous!

Memtb said:
  This is beyond the ?comprehension factor? by some,the very same ?some?....every time!
    However, I enjoy their input! Their complete and total ignorance of firearms is amazing and humorous!

LOL.....I always try to overlook/not comment on subjects that I have little to no knowledge about.......it makes me look smarter when I do comment....at least percentage wise!  ;D

Oldgator73 said:
Our little TT is all purple and pink shag with a small disco ball. We have matching handcuffs. We tried this theme in a tent but quickly found that with any light in the tent silhouettes were quite visible from the outside. We enjoyed over 57 different positions until we discovered the missionary. Now it?s more than 58. We don?t own guns only because we are copious drinkers and the two do not seem to mix well.

I kind of love this post.  ;D

steveblonde said:
This is not a gun forum and it's not just Americans who use this forum. Therefore gun topics don't belong here. Regardless of your point of  view.
Since most of the people you refer to are probably covered in their country by universal health care should we refrain from discussing our concerns about medical needs as well?
RichH

Absolutely not! If I find the conversation to be of little interest, I’ll move on. “IF”, I wish to learn about the topic, I’ll sit, read, learn, or ask a question. However, I will not attack others, in a “thinly veiled” attempt to stop the conversation!  Seems logical, to me!

We do not have specific rules forbidding discussing certain topics, like guns and politics. What we do have rules about are aggressive, demeaning, or rude comments made against any member or non-member for that matter. You can disagree with an idea, but don't attack the person making the statement. And sarcasm is never constructive to an exchange of ideas.

This is after all, an RV forum. No ones opinions will ever be changed with a few statements on a website.

SargeW said:
And sarcasm is never constructive to an exchange of ideas.

Internet sarcasm and/or humor ...Too often is mistaken as hateful.

(but I keep doing it anyway ... ;D )

steveblonde said:
by the same token

lets start a new thread about "what type of sex do you like to have in your rv"

many people like to rv and many people like to have sex - still not appropriate

This seems to be your theme - if you don't like something then it should be banned.  I happen to agree with the suggestions that if you have nothing to offer, do exactly that - offer nothing.  Why become incensed over something that you could just as well skip over and save yourself any stress that may be encountered.  The RV Forum is a pretty widespread choice of topics.  From what I can see so far, this one seems to be handled by adults.

BTW - sex happens in RVs so it may be an appropriate subject here but, so far, most of most aged forum members only dream of it........lol

Bill

Bill,

it is my opinion,  that many Canadians feel they know what is best for everyone else.

That was uncalled for and a personal attack on our northern neighbors!
God knows we are far from perfect over here and you need to apologize in my opinion.

sightseers said:
Bill,

it is my opinion,  that many Canadians feel they know what is best for everyone else.
That is not only uncalled for but just plain stupid. I don't block many people here but you just made my ignore list. I do not wish to read you bigot attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom