Halloween Rally in Georgia - Y'all Come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary, really sorry to hear about Cadi, know how you and Nancy must feel. I get the feeling that like us, these little ones are our children, even if they are furry. God Bless, keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Those sure are terrific photos - congrats to Maryanne and Ron both.  We feel the GA Vets park is one of the prettiest locations in the east, and having the lodge with its fine restaurant, the marina & grill,  golf course and the excellent Veterans Museum on site isn't too shabby either.

I hope your hairy kid gets better. It's not easy having a sick pet. Hugs and skritches and prayers.

Wendy

So sorry we didn't get to meet all of you.  Looks like you are enjoying the get togethers.  Sorry the weather got windy on Saturday.  It is a little bit chilly; but we see you have a fire to sit around and tell stories of your travels. 

Gary RV Roamer said:
Good news - Cadi is doing recovering well and we can bring her home tomorrow if she remains stable!

Glad to hear she's recovering. Bet she'll be glad to get home. Did they figure out what was wrong? Bet your checkbook took a serious ding. What we do for our hairy kids.

Wendy

Mamaw... we too are sorry we did not get a chance to meet.  These rallies are a great way to put faces with names and get to know people better. Some of the people we have met at rallies over the years are now our closest friends.

Cadi's diagnosis is vague at best - massive disruption of her body chemistry due to some unknown thing, most likely something ingested that was toxic.  Examples of things that can do that include her eating a human-type pill that got dropped on the floor, some critter with toxins in his body (spiders & bees for example), caustic soaps and detergents, etc. All of these are possibles, but no evidence to support any particular one.

As for the cost, it is sobering. Probably well over $3000 when all is said and done. The Brinck family budget is going to be tight for many months to come.

Wonderful news! I'm so glad Cadi will be coming home as a living, loving part of your family, Make more memories. . .

When our Poppy after getting all his shots , including Parvo, suddenly was listless and hot on a Thur, I took him late that afternoon to our vet in Los Lunas. At 5:15 blood was drawn and put under the microscope. Parvo was the diagnosis, two IVs immediately started.

A good vet, a puppy in outstanding shape, loving staff and by Sat he was on a 24 hr watch to make sure he could come home Sunday. Today's medical care, whether for humans or animals, is a miracle compared to when I was a child with my first dog.

Special Alert!

Jim -- Hope you had a safe trip home.

Is this your spinning rig?

If yes, please contact me to discuss ransom demands.

-- Don

Attachments

• Jim's Rod 1.jpg
    Jim's Rod 1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Jim's Rod 2.jpg
    Jim's Rod 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Jim's Rod 3.jpg
    Jim's Rod 3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 23
Wonderful news Gary, but sorry about the budget.

An elderly neighbor's dog was, in her opinion, not doing well. Since it was Sunday and there were no vets open, she called an emergency "vet hospital" before calling me. I turned up and she was expecting I'd pick up this 100lb dog. No thanks, and I opened the door of her car, and the dog hopped in.

When we got to the vet hospital, our neighbor said "whatever/however much it takes", and gave them a CC number. That was a blank check and IMO they milked it.

Sorry about the budget but glad you have the hairy kid. When our Sam got sick in Death Valley, it cost us over $4000 at the Las Vegas emergency pet hospital and we still lost him.

Wendy

Here is a few shots from the last day of the rally (less Gary and Nancy)

We had pancakes, sausage & bacon.  Great stuff.

This evening we had Bar B&Q, cupcakes and pumpkin pie complete with whipped cream.  Don Nesbitt won the Halloween Hat contest.

Jim Brayden left this morning and Camille made it back from a family meeting.

I've attached a few more photos and one of me that Maxwell thought should be posted.

We all leave in the morning.  Great time and wish all of you had been here.

Attachments

• Breakfast (Small).jpg
    Breakfast (Small).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6216 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6216 (Small).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1026 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1026 (Small).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6238 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6238 (Small).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 42
  • Jim Brayden (Small).jpg
    Jim Brayden (Small).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Ron Marabito (Small).jpg
    Ron Marabito (Small).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
Wow! Never would have recognized Don!

This has been sort of a a "hard luck rally", with three of us having to leave early for various reasons.  :'( Glad to see the die-hards could carry on to the last day.  8)  Wish we had been there for the pancakes. And the BBQ too. There is always next year...

About that "Hat Prize".

The consensus was that Nancy's creation, as modeled by Caroline, was by far the best hat.  So I "won" by coming in second and being present -- and having the nerve to show up wearing my Dollar Tree stuff.

The prize basket was pure Nancy -- full of nice tasty stuff and a good bottle of wine. Yet another example of the effort that Nancy and Gary put into their Rally Host and Hostess roles.

Thanks to you both!

Don and Mary Ann

Dang, I hate we missed the pancakes, one of my favorite meals, next time I hope things work out better.

At least it seems everyone has everything under control,
Love the pics

Don ? That's not Don, really, who is it ?
Great job guy's. Sorry to miss the "hat & breakfast" but really,really enjoyed being there and meeting such down home good folk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom