Happy oops....unhappy days are here again.. Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many "Forums" that I belong to have a Political board where such dialogue can be put forward.  Maybe it's time to consider such a board on the RV Forum.  Politics is such a hot button issue these days.

TheBigLarry said:
Many "Forums" that I belong to have a Political board where such dialogue can be put forward.  Maybe it's time to consider such a board on the RV Forum.  Politics is such a hot button issue these days.

That is exactly why we don't have such a board.  This is a place for friendly discussion of RV related topics, with the occasional, but still friendly, non-RV related topic.  Discussions on politics and religion tend to go downhill eventually, leading to harsh words, people getting angry and leaving the forum, and no one's opinion is ever changed as a result.  So far, this discussion has remained civil, but know that the staff is keeping a close eye on it and will shut it down if it starts down the slippery slope.

As long as we are all adult and recognize that opinions are individual and each person's view deserves as much respect as we feel our own does we will be fine. I think. Did I say that OK??

Sorry... WGO is up $.10 today, $6 .79 or so.  Diesel is down.  DJIA is up 150 for a few seconds.  "This land is your land... This land is my land... From Calif to the NY Island..."    :-X

yfx4 said:
As long as we are all adult and recognize that opinions are individual and each person's view deserves as much respect as we feel our own does we will be fine.

Exactly.  It is incredibly difficult for me to be an active listener or an active reader, that is to carefully consider others perspective without immediately discounting it as not in compliance with my views.  I work hard at being a critical thinker, but I don't always succeed.

Back to WGO:

Some history of their stock price going back five years...

High:  $34.80 on November 16, 2006

Low:  $3.24 on Mar 5, 2009

If you look at a smoothed share price average over the last couple of years, they are doing okay and bouncing around based on external influences.  I still think their fundamentals are strong.  Short term market swings don't concern me very much.

Ned said:
That is exactly why we don't have such a board.  This is a place for friendly discussion of RV related topics, with the occasional, but still friendly, non-RV related topic.  Discussions on politics and religion tend to go downhill eventually, leading to harsh words, people getting angry and leaving the forum, and no one's opinion is ever changed as a result.  So far, this discussion has remained civil, but know that the staff is keeping a close eye on it and will shut it down if it starts down the slippery slope.

I whole heartily agree.  It is almost impossible to have any discussion about economics without politics being drug into it.

you guy's forgot to throw religion in there as well ;) I do think that, well maybe we can agree on this, Do you ever think it would be easier if we could just shoot'em all and start over? :eek: or is that going to far? :-\

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom