Has anyone ever sold a truck and travel trailer together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lu1964

I may have a situation where I need to make and finance one purchase so I’m wondering if anyone has come across someone selling their tow vehicle and travel trailer at the same time? I know it seems like a very long shot and probably won’t find that deal but I have a situation where I might have to make one finance decision instead of looking for a truck at a travel trailer bringing that to two finance decisions.

I couldn't imagine a loaning institution interested in that baggage. If that is your route, maybe estate sales?

Yes, they are sometimes offered together, as Laura & Charles described. But I think you will find they would need to be financed seprately anyway. Maybe at the same institution, but two loans.

I've seen many ads for truck and trailer combined. Depending on price and who you bank from they may have personal loans that would cover it without needing vehicle specific loans and insurance, but that's a matter for your banking institution.

I've seen many ads for truck and trailer combined. Depending on price and who you bank from they may have personal loans that would cover it without needing vehicle specific loans and insurance, but that's a matter for your banking institution.
Right. Thanks for this thought. I’ve wondered if there are financial houses that deal with those who full time or who are planning on full timing. Definitely not in the small town I live and work in at the moment. Very conservative.

Right. Thanks for this thought. I’ve wondered if there are financial houses that deal with those who full time or who are planning on full timing. Definitely not in the small town I live and work in at the moment. Very conservative.
I haven't experienced it, but have heard that people without a permanent residence (full time rvers) have had a hard time getting an rv loan. Banks are concerned that if you do not pay, they can't find you.

I may have a situation where I need to make and finance one purchase so I’m wondering if anyone has come across someone selling their tow vehicle and travel trailer at the same time? I know it seems like a very long shot and probably won’t find that deal but I have a situation where I might have to make one finance decision instead of looking for a truck at a travel trailer bringing that to two finance decisions.
I recently sold my Class A Winnebago Vista 32K AND my Ford Edge toad as a package deal. I included the All-terrain towbar and Blue Ox Patriot brake system. I advertised it as a Vacation Kit and my add included pictures of the 2 hooked together at scenic stops that we had been to. The duo was obviously underpriced because it sold very quickly and in fact the buyer had not even seen the car at all when he brought the check to me.

I haven't experienced it, but have heard that people without a permanent residence (full time rvers) have had a hard time getting an rv loan. Banks are concerned that if you do not pay, they can't find you.
Yes that’s what I’m concerned about. Better to get things lined up before I change the situation.

I recently sold my Class A Winnebago Vista 32K AND my Ford Edge toad as a package deal. I included the All-terrain towbar and Blue Ox Patriot brake system. I advertised it as a Vacation Kit and my add included pictures of the 2 hooked together at scenic stops that we had been to. The duo was obviously underpriced because it sold very quickly and in fact the buyer had not even seen the car at all when he brought the check to me.
Awwww 😕 .. Nice for you tho! That’s kinda what I’ll be looking for. Or a class C and I’ll keep my Jeep. (she’s starting to nickle and dime me now so I thought it was a good time to get a truck and trailer)

Hi there, I'm selling a travel trailer and a truck. I just joined this today?
Can I give you all the information?

I bought my factory alloy wheels for my truck to replace the steel rims, from a guy who had a 2009 RAM 3500 SRW. It was black and he put black wheels on it so I bought the original ones from him. 40K original miles. He bought the truck from an elderly gentleman who had the truck and a fifth wheel and would not separate them, so the buyer got the package and sold off the 5th wheel and started spending money on the truck. So yes, it does happen.

Charles

This isn't a popular position with a lot of people, but it's the wisest advice you'll get.
If you have to finance it, then you can't afford it, so you shouldn't buy it.
Save up for a few years and pay cash.

Hi there, I'm selling a travel trailer and a truck. I just joined this today?
Can I give you all the information?
I’m actually asking in prep for doing this next year. I wish I was ready to take it a step further right now. Thank you so much for the offer tho! Appreciate it.

I bought my factory alloy wheels for my truck to replace the steel rims, from a guy who had a 2009 RAM 3500 SRW. It was black and he put black wheels on it so I bought the original ones from him. 40K original miles. He bought the truck from an elderly gentleman who had the truck and a fifth wheel and would not separate them, so the buyer got the package and sold off the 5th wheel and started spending money on the truck. So yes, it does happen.

Charles
Oh wow! Nice! That makes me feel much better. Fingers crossed for when I’m ready then. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom