Heat, 2007 Journey 39K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cwhtrains,  I just posted what I found and then I saw your post. You were dead on.  Thanks.  Where did you find the schematics?  I couldn't find any.

yes there is a vent below the shower door and a space running along the wall for power, water and drains.  I couldn't figure what the vent was for. Now I know.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/2007/7wkp39k.pdf

If I have the correct vehicle, the address above should take you straight to them. They are located on the Winnebago site.

Clayton

svtotm, that's a good idea. The mechanics where I worked used them and they're not that expensive. It will be a good tool to add to my ever expanding tool box. I can already think of many possible uses.

To find them for any model, go to http://www.winnebagoind.com/ then click on "resources" at the top of the web page, then click on "manuals and diagrams", then click on "parts catalog" and select coach by year and model. I printed out a set and put it in the coach to take with me and also saved a set on my laptop so I have them when the next time they are needed.

On the manuals and diagram page you can also get electrical and plumbing diagrams. Having this info available has helped me a number of times to fix things myself.

Wow, that's an unusual arrangement.  I'd think twice about storing much of anything in that cabinet that could be sucked into the furnace or catch fire if the furnace overheated.  Flammable stuff like washcloths, towels, paper, aerosol cans, etc. come to mind.

That's interesting.  On my older Horizon, the return air vent is in the bedroom. 

FWIW, I visited my coach on Friday to give it its regular genset exercise.  Temp was about 20F outside, 32F inside when I arrived.  I turned the furnace on, set thermostat at 65, and left for about two hours.  When I returned, inside temp was about 55F.  I agree that my front ducts don't put out much air either.  If I am actually camping in it, I will usually close the bedroom ducts to try and get a little more even heat.

Mine is a 34H so things are different. But our intake is on the floor in the bedroom feeding the heater direct, and  TWO larger vents located on the wall in the bedroom and another in the hall, both feeding to the heater through a single return hole into the heater located in the wall behind one of the grilles. The problem I found on two different 34H's, two different years, one Journey, one a Meridian, is the floor cutout, similar to the picture above, had a thick piece of vapor barrier plastic over it, meaning more than 50% of the designed return vent space was completely blocked... They never cut the floor vapor barrier plastic covering this return hole from the factory.. So if you have two or more intakes, make sure all returns are wide open. Especially those reading this with a 34H.

(Edit: added words)

Back
Top Bottom