heater help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exziled

hey guys, another question for you all. I purchased a used trailer for some family camping, but i cannot get the heater to turn on. ive checked all that i can think of. the propane is on, the furnace is set to the on position, the pilot knob is set to on, the pilot light is lit, the thermostat is set to 90 (set that high just to try to kick it on). ive checked fuses and breaker panels to make sure there is power. is there something im forgetting?

Make and model of furnace might be helpful.  My first question would be does the blower come on without the main burner ever lighting?  Or doesn't the blower ever come on either?

I will have to look at the make and model when i get home, im not sure. as far as the blower goes, i couldnt get it to turn on, i couldnt get the main burner to kick on either. i can give you the make and model and year of my trailer if that might help narrow down what type of furnace it might be.

Sounds like you have a 12 volt problem.  The furnaces in these things have a special switch in the plenum chamber called a sail switch.  The blower must come on to blow air across the switch to engage it.  If the blower is not running, the switch is not engaged and the main gas valve will not operate.  Also, most furnaces (all, as far as I know) have a control board that operates on 12 vdc.  Check out your 12 volt system.  Make sure you either have a good charged battery or are, at least, plugged into shore power.  Then make sure the 12 volt disconnect switch (if you have one) is set to connect the battery to the RV.

Back
Top Bottom