Heating system .. air filters constant dust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTRV

Good day. We have a travel trailer and I am wanting to know if there are air filters that can be replaced. We have not used the air conditioner yet only the furnace. Every day there is a fine dust that settles on everything. I have constant sinus that I think is directly related to this dust. I vacuum almost daily the small piece of carpet at the dining cubicle and try to keep the trailer as clean as possible. This dust is unrelenting ... please could someone advise. Thank you

There is a foam type filter for the air conditioner (s), but is pretty coarse. There is no filter for the furnace, and manufacturers don't recommend adding one. Maybe a stand alone air purifier will work for you.

I vacuum almost daily

Depending on the vacuum filter type you may be stirring up the dust.

This dust is unrelenting

It could also be dust blowing in every time a door is opened.

I also would recommend a stand alone air cleaner.

kdbgoat said:
There is a foam type filter for the air conditioner (s), but is pretty coarse. There is no filter for the furnace, and manufacturers don't recommend adding one. Maybe a stand alone air purifier will work for you.

Exactly.  I have a stand alone filter in the house, and it effectively removes dust and even cat box odors!!  Not cheap, but it works!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom