Hello all from Jeff in the beautiful Florida Keys (Key Largo - mm93)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone.  I live in Key Largo, big camper/boater/hiker/paddle boarder down in here sunny South (way south) Florida.

The Keys are a huge RV destination, but it can be tricky to find spots or know the local rules, or just get info about where to shop, eat, or sight see.

Any questions, ask away.

Happy RV'ing...

-JeffInKeyLargo

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in FL, the extreme other end just 35 miles from the GA border

Yes you are..... when I drive back to Florida from New England, I get to Jacksonville and say to myself... "Only 10 more hours and I'm home!"  <- the bad part of living in the Keys

JeffInKeyLargo said:
Yes you are..... when I drive back to Florida from New England, I get to Jacksonville and say to myself... "Only 10 more hours and I'm home!"  <- the bad part of living in the Keys

Welcome Jeff. Where in New England do you go?

JeffInKeyLargo said:
Boston, Connecticut (coast - East Lyme)... family and friends there.
-j

I've spent quite a bit of time at the sub base Groton/New London in the past and use to go eat at a place called Flanders Fish Market in East Lyme. It's a fish market and a restaurant. They had excellent food. Try it sometime.

JeffInKeyLargo said:
Been there several times.  Brother-in-laws fav restaurant

When I went there in the early 70's, they only had 5 or 6 real tiny tables.  On our way back from FL a few years ago, I stopped for the night and stayed in a CG close by and went there for supper. Boy did it change but the food didn't. Still the best food.

Hey Jeff'
Where do you live in Key Largo ?
My wife and I also live here for seven months of the year, and we are also paddlers, (canoe ,kayak, and paddleboards) as well as hikers, bikers and explorers)
Our playground is the Largo South Sound mangrove gardens and the Everglades National park and we have paddled and explored every off shore Key, from Key Largo to Key West.

Jack L

Hi Jack.  I live at MM93 Ocean Side by Harry Harris park.  We should get together some time.  email me your info:  561.859.1364 <- txt me to exchange info.
-j

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum! We're in Florida now and heading to the keys in a few days. I'm excited, I've never been there.

JeffInKeyLargo said:
Hello everyone.  I live in Key Largo, big camper/boater/hiker/paddle boarder down in here sunny South (way south) Florida.

The Keys are a huge RV destination, but it can be tricky to find spots or know the local rules, or just get info about where to shop, eat, or sight see.

Any questions, ask away.

Happy RV'ing...

-JeffInKeyLargo

Hi!  Welcome to the forum!  We're sure glad you joined us!  :)

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!    :))

Jeff,
I am just a couple hundred miles away in Sarasota and I have been wanting to drag my fiver down there to spend a few days. Problem is everything is ungodly expensive and always full. Any suggestions on where to stay? Key West would be awesome but I know that won't be happening. Is it difficult to get in at the Naval Air Station down there? I am a 10% vet and my travel buddy is 100%. How is the the situation around Marathon? How about Key Largo area? Winter is always bad but how about summer?

Back
Top Bottom