Hello from a solo Class c newbie from SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sulevia

Hi Everybody, I'm a new owner of a 97 Georgie Boy Maverick. She is a 29 foot class c and I purchased her from an 85 year old couple who has come off the road. She has needed some work and has had a leak which is fixed. But the price was doable and I have had the dream of hitting the road for a long time. I've already had the baptism by fire by leaving in high wind conditions and driving it from NY to SC towing my car behind. All in all I have had a great time.

I am happy to have found this forum cause I'm sure I will have questions. BTW, I am scheduled to travel to and around Florida January and February. Glutton for punishment???? My cat Minny enjoys riding shotgun next to my sea

I'm also a proud Grandma of two and retired from the USN.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your travels and new "House"...I am sure you and Minny will have tons of fun....the adventure has just begun.

Bunch of friendly people here and answers to most any question you may have.

From a fellow singular traveler.

Enjoy,

Jim

Thanks Jim. Looking forward to meeting and greeting lots of like minded folks. Some of my friends are just amazed that I would want to take off and manage alone. I just tell them that my gypsy blood has taken over. :D

Sulevia said:
BTW, I am scheduled to travel to and around Florida January and February. Glutton for punishment????
You are not a glutton for punishment, you are going on a great adventure. Don't listen to your friends. I have been full timing for the last ten years and it is a great lifestyle.

Sulevia,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We have some other single ladies in the group so I'm sure you'll also be "meeting" them along the way.  I think it's great that you're doing this on your own.  If you're as crazy as your friends think, you're in good company because there are a lot of RVers on the road.  I hope you enjoy your new life.

ArdraF

Thanks ArdraF, I have been told that RVing folk are always available to lend a hand if needed. I've already experienced this.
I like my kind of crazy. My Son never knows what I will be up to.  i.e., scuba, ti kwon do, tandum sky-diving. Keeps him on his toes.

Welcome. As a new solo RV'er I found this forum to be of great value. Good luck on your adventures. I will be heading to Florida soon

Sulevia said:
Beautiful pics Tom. What kind of camera and lens do you use?
Thanks Sulevia. I have several cameras and lenses. My main camera is a Sony a55 and I usually keep a 70-300 Sony lens on it for wild animals. I also have a Sony a330 and a cell phone camera.

I thought about inviting you down here since you will be in Florida in Jan and Feb, however I am going out west for Jan and I don't know when I will return.

Sorry that I will miss you. I have a D3000 and several lenses, but I'm not tutored in photography. Going to bring them with me. Maybe with enough time and the internet I can get up to speed. I like to use my photos to paint from.

I would be happy to tutor you. If you are in the area in late Feb maybe we can go shooting. I live in an RV park that reminds me of a bird reserve.

Back
Top Bottom