Hello from a VERY cold UK :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navara

Hiya Guys ;D

First post for us so we thought we'd say hello.
My name's Paul and together with my wife ffiona, we are Fulltimers in the UK.
We've had a fantastic past 10 years fulltiming using A class RV's but due to horrendous fuel costs over here, we had to sell our last RV back in May.
At the moment, because we didn't want to give up the Fulltiming lifestyle, we have a British twin axle caravan and 4x4 but we've quickly realised that although it's lovelly kit, it's not gonna be good enough for what we want, especially after the luxury of an RV ::)
What we're aiming for next is to try a 5ver. One of your smaller ones that can be hauled by a European pick up. We call it the Nissan Navara, I think the nearest you guys have is the Nissan Titan, though, you have a V8, where as we have a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre Turbo diesel ! ;D
5Vers are a VERY rare beast over here and choice is even more limited than A class RV's!
What we're after is called a KountryLite 26RL made by Allen Camper manufacturing co in Oklahoma I believe and then imported to the UK.
Looking forward to picking all your brains because there's VERY little 5ver info over here.
All the best
Paul & ffiona (+ Dougal, the mad Persian! ;D)
Fulltimers, somewhere on a farm campsite in Cheshire
UK   ;D

Hi Paul and Ffiona, and welcome. Sounds like you've had a lot of fulltiming experience. Was that mainly in the UK, or on the continent?

Tom said:
Hi Paul and Ffiona, and welcome. Sounds like you've had a lot of fulltiming experience. Was that mainly in the UK, or on the continent?

Hiya Tom ;D
Always UK for us I'm afraid, apart from holidays.......sorry, VACATIONS! ;D
We gave up the house because we were never in it! Either working, or away in the British motorhomes that we had at the time. For us, fulltiming was a fairly logical step, especially as we neither have, nor want kids.
Fulltiming helps me follow my work up and down the country in aircraft design tho we've been VERY luck so far as I've always managed to find work in the North West of the UK where we're based ;D
We try to get to France with the RV twice a  year as we love it there, usually for a week in Spring (in which case we go to Normandy) and then a two weeker in the summer when we go farther south for the sun. ;D
Being in an RV in the UK is pretty rare, in France it's almost unheard of!  Boy do we get some interest! Hahahaha, good job we like the French. ;D

Fulltiming helps me follow my work up and down the country ...

That would qualify you as a workamper Paul.

My Dad towed his caravan the length and breadth of the UK. But the price of petrol had him continually changing cars; One that was fuel efficient wouldn't tow the 'van' very well, and one that could would be a fuel hog for commuting.

Tom said:
...............................One that was fuel efficient wouldn't tow the 'van' very well, and one that could would be a fuel hog for commuting.

Ah, well we have ffiona's car for commuting. A Citroen C1 with a 900cc 3 cylinder gas engine.!!!!!!! Bet you guys have got hairdryers more powerfull than that?  ;D ;D

LOL Paul. When we lived in the UK, one of our cars was a Fiat with a 600cc engine. Great for popping down to the small town, and easy to park. My Dad's first car was a 3-wheeler with a 2-stroke 197cc motorcycle engine, and a kickstart, but that was long before he thought about caravanning.

;D ;D

Going to bed now!  It's 9:45PM here and I'm up at 5am!  Joy! ::)
Nice to talk Tom, looking forward to using the Forum and picking some brains! ;D
Good night..........or should I say, Have a nice day. ;D

Hi Paul & Ffiona,

Welcome to the RV Forum and thanks for joining us.  Please look around, ask questions, check out the library, and join in on any of the on going discussions.

Hi Paul & ffiona

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you stick around as you will find lots of useful info from a bunch of really friendly RVers.

Ann-Marie and I currently full-time in Somerset in our 37ft Fleetwood Expedition.

Paul

Here's a photo of that 600cc Fiat we used to own in the 70's. It had just about enough room for me or the missus and a couple of the kids. This photo was taken outside some small cottages, known locally as "the Gelli houses", en route to the Rhondda Valley. In my family photo album, I fondly captioned it "Little houses, little car, little people".

Attachments

• GelliHouses.jpg
    GelliHouses.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back