Hello from Alberta Canada again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommyofour

This time we have a trailer!!!

We just got it yesterday it's a 2002 Flagstaff, Shamrock by Forest River.  It's Hybrid with a queen and a double pull out and a separate interior bunk.  Under the bunk is tonnes of storage and it has a full bathroom, the tub is small and "I" wouldn't fit in it, but my 5 year old could definitely get clean and I could probably wash my feet just fine.

There is a horse shoe seating area that could turn into a bed, although we don't plan on using it as a bed.

It's got air conditioning and a microwave, stove and oven, a hot water heater and a RVQ (BBQ)

It's not as easy to set up as the new models they show on youtube but it's pretty easy and it seems maybe a little sturdier than those ones too.  (it has bars that you set up to hold the ends up rather than a cord.  Which really does not inspire a huge amount of confidence.

My husband brought it home yesterday and today we had the rain to beat all rains, they figure we got at least 6" in less than an hour.  When we went in to check it leaked a smidgy bit in the bathroom, but it was blowing crazy and hailing so it wasn't totally unexpected.

Later I figure we will go up and check to see if the vent in the bathroom needs to be re caulked or whatever would need to be done.

Our plan is to head out this weekend to a camp site to try it out.

Now I just have to figure out how to work the water intake and see about flushing it with the bleach solution.

Vicky

Hello fellow Albertan, hope you are enjoying your new to you RV. 

We went all the way and bought a new RV last year - a Rockwood 1983SS

We are heading out for a ten day trip today, so far we've only managed weekends (one was a four day weekend).

We've had an old camper van (a Fargo so it was Old).  A tent trailer (Sears canvas top, again, musuem old) and we tried "real camping" in a tent, have since passed that onto our daughter; tenting is for younger folks.  Now we have all the luxuries of home, and more.  The RV is air conditioned, our house is not. The slide out bed is a queen, our 1950's house does not have rooms big enough for queen beds.  Our RV bathroom has his and her double sinks. only one sink in our in house bathroom.  The RV has flat screen LCD TV, we still have an old fashioned tube style 26" TV in the living room. 

Heading south to Edmonton today, then onto the Caroline area, and then stopping in Drayton Valley on the trip home. 

Another Albertan Camper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharod
Back
Top Bottom