Hello from Fred Thomas in Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredethomas

Moderator Emeritus
It has been a long time since visiting the Forum.  Lost all kinds of enthusiasm since selling the Dutch Star, leaving Arizona and the thought of no more RV'ing.
This website looks great.  Daisy said : You can have an RV MAYBE if: 1. you can carry 200 lbs one mile.  2. if you can leave your  recliner without crying.  3. and if we sell the Sierra Vista House.  I am really working at it.  Want to see Forum Framily again and have something to chat about.  Terry Brewer put us on to a Leasure Unity Class B+.
A little advice:  Never move to this state.  It is not fit for man or women.

Hi Fred, great hearing from you. I can see you haven't lost your humor.

Fred, it's wonderful to hear from you!  It would be great if you can find a comfortable smaller RV so you can come see us all at the rallies.  We miss you and Daisy!  Hopefully spring will be springing pretty soon and you can enjoy some milder weather.  You picked a heck of a year to go back there!

ArdraF

Fred, welcome back, you and Daisy have been missed.  You got out of Maine once, you can do it again :)

Great to hear from you, Fred!  Get yourself out of that recliner and get the AZ home sold.  Then tell Daisy 2 out of 3 makes a majority.  ;)

Welcome back, Fred!  Even though we no longer travel, it's still fun to read the forum and keep up with what our old friends are doing and seeing.  Maybe next winter in Maine will not be so harsh?  ;)

I used to know a Fred Thomas from Maine but he was an old grouch so you must be a different one. 

Good talking to you yesterday and hope to get up to see you this summer

Nice to see you on the forum.  Yes if at all possible get a small RV for weekends and other short trips. 

We are selling the MT home and heading for Portland, not ME but OR, as your weather is worse than MT and family is in OR.  :)    No decision on the MH yet as we still hope to make a few more winter trips south.

Best to both Daisy and yourself,

Pat & Jim

Jim Johnson said:
I used to know a Fred Thomas from Maine but he was an old grouch so you must be a different one. 

Ha ha, Jimmy!  I will admit I had those same thoughts!  Love you, Fred!  :-*

Hi Fred!
Good luck on your quest. We are rooting for you!!
As you know we can't get to Maine this year, but I sure hope to next year.
I would be great if you could travel with us bit - just like the old days.

We're still looking for where to settle when we give up full-timing. SJ wants to look at Belfast!

Take care
See you down the road

We were talking about you a few days ago, and wondering about your winter in Maine.  Hope you can get back on the road, even if it is just for short trips.

Jeannine and Dan

fredethomas said:
Daisy said : You can have an RV MAYBE if: 1. you can carry 200 lbs one mile. 

Hi Fred,

I have your solution. Go and exchange American $$ for 200 English pound coins (about 12.5 lbs) and carry it the one mile. You can keep the Sierra Vista House and cry all you want getting out of the recline  ;D  Best!

Hi Fred, It's great to see you're still "full of it". What happen? Has it finally warmed up enough for you to see over the top of the snow banks. Laurie and I are going to Sierra Vista today for some shopping and Dr's visit. We'll wave at your house as we go down 90.

fredethomas said:
Thank you everyone.    Rene, we lived in Standish, Maine until we went RV'ing in 1994, in 2004 bought in AZ.  Left there this year for South Portland.

I was in South Portland Saturday.

Fred just because you took the winter of a century with you back east.............. ::)

Hi Fred it's great to hear from you.  If you ever get serious about another MH you might at least look at a Lazy Daze Class C.  We had both an 22 and a 30 footer which is a 31 footer now. 

In the 31 footer you can walk around with plenty of headroom and it comes with either a queen bed or twin beds in the rear.  In other words, the bed is NOT in the overhead area above the driver/passenger seats.  That area has the TV and other stuff including a storage area.  We towed a Geo Tracker with our Lazy Daze. 

Lazy Daze builds the most perfect (zero defects) MH of any manufacturer.  We purchased both of ours new and each one only had ONE defect.  In the 22 footer one exterior storage compartment door leaked and in the 31 footer the toilet was plumbed to the hot water.  When I told them they said bring it in and we will fix it OR go to any local MH repair place and have it fixed and send them the bill and they would reimburse us or fix it myself and send them a bill for any parts.

If you have any interest their website is WWW.lazydaze.com.

A Lazy Daze is just a thought. 

Both of us would sure like to see the two of you again.

JerryF

Back
Top Bottom