Hello from Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LinKev

New here but looking forward to learning. I am semi-retired, married, one dog and a bunch of barn cats. Will be trying to get away for several trips this summer, something we have not been able to do since we bought our RV. As always, I appreciate folks that have experience and are willing to pass good advice along.

Linkev,
Glad you found us. A Great place to ask questions. We even have a prize if you can manage to ask an original question that none of us ever even thought of....
There is also a camp fire type chat on Wednesdays 7pm est, 6pm cst etc. And you will not be the only one from Minnesota.
Matt_C

a bunch of barn cats.
We bought a camper last May and are now traveling with 4 of our 7 barn cats. The other 3 are terrified of the RV and are true barn cats, working cats who keep the premises free of rodents. We lived in the camper most of last year to learn about the way our rig works. Learned a lot, so did the cats! The people in this community are very generous with their knowledge, we’re grateful to have found them!

Thanks....my barn cats are not bright, and rarely friendly. Could be the raccoon that visits most nights spooks them. We built a new house starting about 18 months ago and now finished. We considered living on the RV so we could tear down the old house on our property, but ran up against where to put all the stuff we collected over the last 38 years. No RV life yet, but will get around to a few places this coming summer.

We have been tied up building a new house for the last year and a half, so we have not been able to get the time to go on a trip. This summer w will head to Itasca State park where the Mississippi river starts, and to a state park in SE Minn to see what is there. We still need some practice in using our RV so will stay close to home.

Welcome from fellow Minnesotans.

My DH (dear husband) and I live in Otsego, MN. Where are you located in MN?

In the past we have hosted a few of small RV Rallies at Eagle Cliff Campground near Lanesboro. Eagle Cliff Campground and Lodging – Family-friendly campground located on the Root River – Lanesboro, Minnesota. Well kept campground with full hook ups, NO Mosquitoes (really), especially beautiful in the fall but book your site early. Lots of things to do in SE MN. We'd be happy to share some of the things we've enjoyed.

As Matt suggested ... be sure to mark your calendar for our Wednesday "Fireside Chat". DH and I always participate unless we have technical difficulties. Also UTTransplant (Pam) usually joins us. She and her husband have lots of experience RVing in MN (and across the US).

Our Wednesday night Chat is very casual with some very friendly experienced RVers. Check us out.
Here's the Link: Chat

Chat Times:
7 pm Eastern Time
6 pm Central Time
5 pm Mountain Time
4 pm Pacific Time.

Contact me if you have any problems accessing. I'm the Moderator for the Chat.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the note. I am semi-retired and work real hard on Mon and Tue, but have time later in the week, so that is why I didn't get back to you sooner.

We are in NW MN, between Moorhead and Felton, out in God's country on the flat Rev River Valley of the North. Will try to tune in to the fireside chat Wednesday. Linda and I can always use advice from folks with experience!

I'll bring the lefse.

Hey, thanks for the note. I am semi-retired and work real hard on Mon and Tue, but have time later in the week, so that is why I didn't get back to you sooner.

We are in NW MN, between Moorhead and Felton, out in God's country on the flat Rev River Valley of the North. Will try to tune in to the fireside chat Wednesday. Linda and I can always use advice from folks with experience!

I'll bring the lefse.
LOL. Lefse yummy, should I bring wild blueberry jam? Let us know if you and Linda are interested in meeting up somewhere in MN. We have references!

Last edited:
Sounds great. You’re not far from me. Wife works every other weekend. Am 3/4 retired and don’t work in the summer. Let me know where you would like to camp.
In about two weeks we are headed to the "Grand Circle" We will be gone 2 to 3 months. We'll be back sometime in May. Question is, where would you and DW like to camp? We're open to locations, we're both retired, and we always enjoy meeting up with other RVers.

Let me know where you would really like to visit and we can take it from there.

Last edited:
Ever camp at any of the new wright county rv parks? They did a good job putting them together. 3 new ones in last few years. Or, brainard/baxter area has some good rv parks. Most of the time we like full hookups but do enjoy state parks too. Tell me your preference's and I’ll come up with a few to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom