Hello from mMaryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aries75

Hello everyone. Just been doing alot of reading over the past year on TT. Just getting the most info as much as I can without being scared off because Im a 1500 owner. Probably will not be buying for another year but that just gives me more overwhelmingly more research time. lol. Thanks for having me.
Aries

Welcome! Please check out the library on this site. It will answer a lot of questions you didn't even know to ask :). There is a lot of good information there and a lot of good folks on this site. What 1500 do you own? Many 1500's are pretty capable machines.
What part of Maryland are you from? The good side I hope (the Eastern Shore) Haha.

The firsts step is to make sure you have all the specs on your truck, payload, tow rating, and GCWR. Some 1500's are quite capable, while others are not so great. And of course there is a broad range of travel trailer sizes as well.

The RVForum Glossary can help with a lot of terminology. Many of the explanations go beyond just defining an acronym. There are buttons on the menu bar for the Glossary and Library.

kdbgoat said:
Welcome! Please check out the library on this site. It will answer a lot of questions you didn't even know to ask :). There is a lot of good information there and a lot of good folks on this site. What 1500 do you own? Many 1500's are pretty capable machines.
What part of Maryland are you from? The good side I hope (the Eastern Shore) Haha.
No Im more on the western side of state but I make my visits to the eastern shore, have to get my fix of some blue crabs. My truck specs is below in my sig. But if not CC, 3.92, Laramie, 4wd

Which engine & tranny in the Laramie?  If it's the 5.7L V8 Automatic, the tow rating is in the 9700-9800 lb range and the payload in the 1200 lb arena. That should give you a fairly wide choice of TT's.

Enter the truck info here to get the Ram's official tow rating:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/

Gary RV Roamer said:
Which engine & tranny in the Laramie?  If it's the 5.7L V8 Automatic, the tow rating is in the 9700-9800 lb range and the payload in the 1200 lb arena. That should give you a fairly wide choice of TT's.

Enter the truck info here to get the Ram's official tow rating:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/towing_guide/
Yep, Gary I have the HEMI with the 8 speed Trans. Yea the TT that just caught my eye is the Grand Design Imagine 2800BH the weight is perfect, tongue weight is good. But it is 32ft so that is my only concern.

If you use a good hitch, that length shouldn't be an issue. I use a Reese Dual Cam, and highly recommend it. I pull a Salem Hemisphere 272RLIS that's 34 1/2' hitch to bumper ( the box is 29' back to extreme front) and have had no issues when I pulled it with the 2013 Ram 1500 I used to own. 

Back
Top Bottom