Hello from Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fiftyby50

Hi,  My name is Linda and my family and I have been camping for years.  We stayed in tents and cabins until we bought a 1994 Komfort about 5 years ago.  Our youngest left for college this year and our camping style will change a bit.  We are looking at purchasing a newer used fifth wheel and considering the Komfort or Arctic Fox brands.  We plan to use the rig for our annual family trip to the beautiful Oregon Coast as well as some road tripping.  My goal is to see all 50 states by the time I'm fifty and let's just say I'd better get a move on.  I'm currently planning our next adventure - a trip to the Grand Canyon.  And tips or input you might have on the Komfort versus the Arctic Fox fifth wheels (we're only looking at Komforts built before the company was purchased by Thor) or suggestions for things to see, places to stay, etc between Oregon and the Grand Canyon would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
P.S.  We have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramaxx diesel engine and Allison transmission.  We are looking at 25-29' rigs, so should have no problem with towing capacity.

Welcome aboard, Linda. We have some Arctic Fox owners here, and maybe a few other Komforts as well.

If you head to the Grand Canyon area, you should also see the other big national parks in the region, e.g. Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands and the Colorado National Monument, to name a few.  But you need a lot of time to do them justice, so plan multiple trips if needed.

Welcome welcome.  I am a huge fan of the Oregon coast.  We just bought a 44' cyclone toy hauler, and plan on being in Coos Bay plenty of times this next summer time.  Good luck on your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom