Hello from south Georgia!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittthomas

Greetings everyone! My wife and I are looking into buying our first motorhome for us and our two kids to hit the Florida theme park scene and tailgating.

I've already learned a good bit by lurking the past few days, so hopefully I can repay by contributing in the future.

Welcome to the forum Britt. Hope that the weather wasn't to bad in South Georgia this morning. I hope that you find the MH that you are looking for and enjoy your half as much as I have loved having my MH. People on this forum can give you a lot of tips. Just remember... Floor plan, Floor plan, Floor plan.

You might want to take a day trip to Porters RV Sales in Williamston SC. THey have a huge lot of used only and every rig is unlocked! No salesman follows you around, they just give you a print out of the rigs and prices. They have everything from truck campers to massive Class A's and all manner of RV's in between.

It's a great way to get a fast education. You can learn what you like and dislike and come up with your short list of "must haves" and long list of "wish haves".

If you want to see all their rigs, plan to arrive early in the morning. Every dealer should take lessons from this place. Their website is lousy (not updated enough) but the lot itself is awesome. They even provide golf carts if you can't walk much.

Last time I was there, I toured all morning, ate lunch then toured the rest in the afternoon.

Well worth the trip and not that far from you, well um, depending on which side of Georgia you are on.

Frank Hurst said:
Welcome to the forum Britt. Hope that the weather wasn't to bad in South Georgia this morning. I hope that you find the MH that you are looking for and enjoy your half as much as I have loved having my MH. People on this forum can give you a lot of tips. Just remember... Floor plan, Floor plan, Floor plan.

Thanks! My wife has been over my shoulder preaching "floor plan preference" to me ever since we began looking. lol

JimGeorgia said:
Welcome from North GA!  28 this morning!

That's not too bad. At least it's not snowing up there... yet. My dad got caught up in Snowpocalypse '14 in Alpharetta and sent me some pics. Yeesh. That's one time I was happy to live below the gnat line.

DearMissMermaid said:
You might want to take a day trip to Porters RV Sales in Williamston SC. THey have a huge lot of used only and every rig is unlocked! No salesman follows you around, they just give you a print out of the rigs and prices. They have everything from truck campers to massive Class A's and all manner of RV's in between.

It's a great way to get a fast education. You can learn what you like and dislike and come up with your short list of "must haves" and long list of "wish haves".

If you want to see all their rigs, plan to arrive early in the morning. Every dealer should take lessons from this place. Their website is lousy (not updated enough) but the lot itself is awesome. They even provide golf carts if you can't walk much.

Last time I was there, I toured all morning, ate lunch then toured the rest in the afternoon.

Well worth the trip and not that far from you, well um, depending on which side of Georgia you are on.

Thanks for the info DMM! I think I'm on the "wrong" side of GA to go there. Williamston is a pretty good ride from where I'm at (1 hour north of Jacksonville, FL). At about 6 hours one way, I think I'll need a MH to get up there. lol

And Dick Gore RV in Richmond HIll, Just off I-95 (handy exit to the south of the lot) plus there is that company that is heavily advertising on TV just now but I suspect they charge too much in order to pay for all those TV ads.

I'm broke down near Darian, GA (really in Townend) 3 miles north of the Darien Outlet Mall.  If I got to break down, as it turns out this is #1 on my list of places where I'd like to be stuck.

Welcome from Augusta! On the floor plan issue, let your wife win.  On the techie part, wait until you are satisfied too.  This worked well for us in our recent purchase.  We are both very happy!

John From Detroit said:
And Dick Gore RV in Richmond HIll, Just off I-95 (handy exit to the south of the lot) plus there is that company that is heavily advertising on TV just now but I suspect they charge too much in order to pay for all those TV ads.

This is where I got my TT and the salesman, Tom, was very low pressure. Highly recommend!

Back
Top Bottom